Monday, June 2, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 7 - Week of 06/02/2014

MONDAY - JUNE 2, 2014 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

I did a few more reps on some of the moves earlier on, but got tired near the end, most noticeably on the One Arm Balance Pushups. I normally do 16, but only got 13 in. However, I did get in 12 Airborne / Clap Pushups, where last week I only did 10. Overall, it was a good workout.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 562; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 212.


TUESDAY - JUNE 3, 2014 - Plyometrics

I didn't eat well today. I had a Whopper Value meal for lunch today along with a piece of their Chocolate Cream pie. It's probably the worst I've eaten this round, and it's not something I do a lot, but I'll admit, it tasted good. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get some things and picked up some multigrain chips, and had some of those before the workout. The good thing is, I'm at the point where I know I won't be craving that stuff tomorrow and turn it into a bad snowball effect. As for the workout itself, my stomach was a little queasy going in, but I got through everything OK. I didn't get the calorie burn I usually get, but I was tired and sweating like crazy.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 623; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 152.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 4, 2014 - Back and Biceps

I haven't got much sleep the last two nights and today was extremely busy at work, so I was totally exhausted when I got home. I took a short nap, then got into the workout. This round I've been concentrating on upping the weights to the "8 to 12" rep area. Today the plan was to cut back a bit because I was so exhausted. On the first weighted back move I used 40 lb weights (I used 45s last week), but after that the plan went out the window. I actually increased my weights by 5 lbs on many of the bicep moves. I used 40s on the Standing Bicep Curls (8 reps). I then thought I'd try starting with 40s on the Strip Set, which I did, but only got 4 reps in on the first set. I then finished all 8 reps with the 35s, 30s and 25s. In the end, Pullups sucked as usual. I wasn't thrilled with the workout, but I actually did OK.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 510; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - JUNE 5, 2014 - Fountain of Youth Yoga (Tony Horton One on One)

I pretty much decided last night that I would do this workout instead of Yoga X, and I didn't change my mind during the day. I've really been working out hard lately, and just needed a shorter workout. The workout went OK, but there was something I noticed when doing it. I really like Yoga X better. It's more thorough and I work up a better sweat. But once in a while the time factor comes into the equation, and today was one of those days.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 123.


FRIDAY - JUNE 6, 2014 - Legs and Back

Felt good going into the workout and maintained that feeling throughout. I did 60 pullups and felt strong doing those. Eating is starting to slip a bit. Really need to nip that in the bud.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 530; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 154.


SATURDAY - JUNE 7, 2014 - Kenpo X

Good workout, but just as with last week, my heart rate wasn't getting up. Hence, a low calorie burn.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SUNDAY - JUNE 8, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

Went OK. Nothing exceptional to speak of. Took a little longer than last week.

Time: 18 minutes; Calories Burned: 125; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 193.6 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.2% (-0.2%)

I'm a bit surprised. I was expecting a bit of a gain, but I'll take it, and will continue to move forward.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Low calorie burn on most of the workouts, but I'm happy with the weight loss. Eating was slipping a bit, but I'm aware of it.

No comments: