Monday, June 30, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 10 - Week of 06/30/2014

MONDAY - JUNE 30, 2014 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Back at it, but I'm not sure it was a good idea. I'm still recovering from my cold. The weather has been very hot and humid. I'm constantly switching from the hot environment to an air-conditioned environment and it's not allowing me to recover quickly. I actually thought about taking another week off, but didn't want to go two weeks without working out. I thought I'd be OK today, but quickly found myself laboring and tiring quickly during the first few moves. About a third of the way in I decided to lighten my weights a bit or do a few less reps than usual on some of the moves. I got through it, but that's about all I can say. I'll try and get through Plyo tomorrow and see how it goes.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 559; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate:220.


TUESDAY - JULY 1, 2014 - Plyometrics

I didn't struggle as much as yesterday, and this turned out to be an average, sweaty Plyo workout. I got a relatively good night's sleep yesterday for the first time in weeks. I think the workout might have had something to do with it.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 664; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 159.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 2, 2014 - Back and Biceps

A bit of a strange mix today. On a few of the moves I upped my weight and on a few I dropped my weight. On the Standing Bicep Curls I tried 45s and got 6 reps in. On many of the mid range moves where I'd used 30s, I dropped to 25s, simply because I just bought a set of 25 lb dumbbells and didn't have to adjust my Powerblock weights. On the strip set I used 40s, 35s, 30s, 25s, and did 8 reps of each. Overall it went well, except for the pullups, where I was weak again. My heart rate monitor battery gave out midway, so the numbers below are an aducated guess.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 520; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 156.


THURSDAY - JULY 3, 2014 - Yoga X

I was thinking of doing one of the shorter Yoga workouts I have, but I really like Yoga X, especially the second half  (the first half can get a bit tedious at times). I wasn't under any time constraints, so I went for it. It went OK, but I really had problems with my balance during the Half Moons and the Balance Postures. Most days it's bad. Today it was almost non-existent. But I got through it, and the rest of the workout went well. I put a new battery in my heart rate monitor, and noticed I did get a very low calorie burn compared to what I normally get on Yoga X. I'm not sure why, but am not concerned about it. Just an observation. One other observation: Two or three years ago I could do the "reach under your leg and grab your wrist (or fingers) of the other arm behind your back" move. I can't even get close anymore. I was also able to usually get through the Warrior 3 / Half Moon sequences fairly consistently, but can't anymore. Again, I'm not sure why, but I'll keep trying. It's puzzling as to how I lost the ability to do those moves almost overnight.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 565; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 129.


FRIDAY - JULY4, 2014 - Legs and Back

It's a holiday, so I wanted to get this one in early so I could enjoy the rest of the day. However, I kept procrastinating and finally got it in around 4pm. It went well. My arms are still sore from Wednesday's Back and Biceps, so I was wondering how the pullups were going to go, but I got 62 in, which is my high for the round. Another low calorie burn. Maybe it's the monitor. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's because the weather's been cooler the last two days. Doesn't really matter.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 504; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SATURDAY - JULY 5, 2014 - Kenpo X

Still a bit sore, and felt sluggish most of the day. Cut the lawn for almost 2 hours to get the blood moving again, then waited about 3 hours before doing the workout. The workout went OK, better than I was expecting based on the way I was feeling going into it..

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 493; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SUNDAY - JULY 6, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

Got it done. Didn't use the video. Took my time. No Heart Rate Monitor or timer.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.0 (+0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.3% (+0.3%)

Didn't eat well this week. Could have been worse.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went well. I'd say better than average from Wednesday on. However, I let the eating slide a bit. I think I was feeling a bit too good after last week's weight loss and got a bit cocky about it. I can't do that.

No comments: