Monday, June 16, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 9 - Week of 06/16/2014

MONDAY - JUNE 16, 2014 - Chest and Back

I've been dreading this one for days. I wanted to watch the US/Ghana World Cup game, so I started the workout not too long after I got home from work. I'd been using 40 or 45 lb weights on the weighted back exercises. Today, I didn't feel like killing myself, so I used 35s. Bad move. Too light, and I think I tweaked my back a bit by either doing them too fast, or not concentrating on my form. My pull-ups weren't great either. I only got 24 in total, which is pathetic, but I wasn't really concentrating on those. To me this workout is about pushups, and today I got in 288, which is my personal best for this workout. One other thing I did today was I was going quicker than they were on video, and not taking as many breaks as they were, I ended up finishing a full set (4 exercises) before they did. I pretty much watched them do the last set, then jumped in for the cool down. I wasn't sure how this would affect my heart rate numbers or calorie burn, but it turns out those numbers were almost identical to the last time I did the workout.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 530; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 154.


TUESDAY - JUNE 17, 2014 - Plyometrics

I was actually looking forward to this one today, simply because it wasn't Chest and Back. I felt good going in and I wasn't really sluggish at any point, so it ended up being a pretty good workout, though uneventful. I'm still not eating as well as I was at the beginning of this round, and that's beginning to bother me. I just need to decide to commit.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 642; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 18, 2014 - Shoulders and Arms

Had a bit of a fever going into the workout. I didn't feel like even doing it, but I don't miss workouts unless I'm drastically sick. There were some places where I lightened my weights a bit, or did a few less reps, but I got it done.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 641; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - JUNE 19, 2014 - Patience "Hummingbird" Yoga (Tony Horton One on One)

Still not feeling well. I decided to do this 36 minute Yoga workout instead of the 92 minute Yoga X. It's not real hard, but there are some poses that are tough to hold for as long as he holds them. According to my heart rate monitor, my heart rate hit 214 at one point. I'm not sure exactly when, but there is one point about a quarter way into the workout where your arms are tired and then he has you down in Chaturanga for about 30 seconds. Ouch! Overall, I'm glad I did this today. I feel I get more out of Yoga X, but there are days, like today, when I need something shorter.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 221; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 214.


FRIDAY - JUNE 20, 2014 - Legs and Back

I know when I've done a good workout and when I haven't. Today wasn't a good one. I'm still fighting off a bug. I was getting really winded in spots. My lunges weren't really deep and my balance was worse than usual. I thought I really did poorly on my pullups, doing 57, but when done, I realized than was only 3 less than 2 weeks ago. One other thing. I've been finding myself stressing about the weight gain I had last week, and it seems like everything I've eaten this week just sits in my stomach bulge. I'm wondering if that stress is compounding that "bug". Guess I need to overcome it and look at things differently.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 548; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SATURDAY - JUNE 21, 2014 - Kenpo X

Still a bit lethargic, but I got it done. I was hoping I could sweat out the "bug". We'll see. Not a great workout, but not bad for how I was feeling.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 501; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate:136.


SUNDAY - JUNE 22, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

I did this later in the day while watching the US/Portugal World Cup game. As usual, I didn't use the disc, but tonight I purposely mixed up the order of the moves and did it over about a half hour time period. It was a totally different experience with the different order. I didn't use my heart rate monitor.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.2 (-2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.6% (no change)

A step in the right direction, but I think a lot of last week's gain was a temporary aberration that I thought was be reflected in this week's result.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I haven't been feeling well most of the week (still am not), so I found myself not going full out on many of the exercises. Also, I'm finding myself more sore this week than I have lately. I'm happy with the weight drop, but am nowhere close to where I wanted to be at this point in the round. All I can do is move forward.

No comments: