Monday, June 9, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 8 - Week of 06/09/2014

MONDAY - JUNE 9, 2014 - Yoga X

The first half was a sweat fest. I'm still struggling with the Warrior 3's and the Half Moon on my right leg. Everything else was OK. My Balance Poses were better, especially on my left leg.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 706; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 139.


TUESDAY - JUNE 10, 2014 - Core Synergistics

One thing I realized as I was getting myself geared up to do this workout today: This workout has many of the toughest moves for me in all of P90X. It's not so much that the individual moves are tough, but a lot of it is the sequence they're in, and also the number of reps involved. The Leaning Crescent Lunges don't look hard, but you're doing 24 of them, and even 10 lb weights start to get heavy. Same thing with the Lunge, Kickback, Curl, Press move. 20 reps with 15 lbs when you're exhausted is tough. Doing 30 X-Presses is exhausting in the middle of a workout. There are a few other moves that are also beasts. Plank to Chaturanga runs done right after the 30 X-Presses is just brutal. This could just be me. Maybe nobody else feels the same way, I don't know, but that's how I feel.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 556; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 11, 2014 - Cardio X

This isn't the most intense workout in P90X, but by the end I was sweating. I didn't need real intense today, so it worked out well.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 324; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 150.


THURSDAY - JUNE 12, 2014 - X Stretch

A good stretch. I didn't push myself too much, but I did feel a bit more flexible than usual.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 89; Max Heart Rate: 134.


FRIDAY - JUNE 13, 2014 - Core Synergistics

Golf today. Had a long ride home, relaxed a bit on the computer, then got right into the workout. I find if I don't take a nap when I get home, or lay around dreading doing the workout, things go much better, and today went well. I just felt fresher. I also burned more calories than usual today, but that may be because I ate a greasy cheeseburger at the golf course. First one of those I've had in a long time. Maybe over a year. It didn't even taste that great. As for the workout, I used 10 lb weights on the Leaning Crescent Lunges and the Squat Runs, and 15 lb weight on the Lunge and Reach, Squat X-Presses, and Lunge, Kickback, Curl, Press moves. I still have problems with the Chaturanga Runs, and I don't push myself to get up into the Bow move in Bow to Boat, mostly because I just don't like doing it, but other than those two things, I got through everything else with no problems.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 617, Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 162.


SATURDAY - JUNE 14, 2014 - Yoga X

Felt sluggish all day. Couldn't get loose during the workout. My hamstrings were exceptionally tight. I can't seem to do the "wrap" move anymore, so I didn't even try it today. One of those days were it seemed like the vinyasas were never going to end, but I got through it. All this added up to a below average workout. Low calorie burn too.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 605; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SUNDAY - JUNE 15, 2014 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 197.4 (+3.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.6% (+0.4%)

I can't ever remember a weight increase like that. I made some poor eating choices this week, but wasn't expecting that.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The huge weight gain is disconcerting, but I'm pretty sure it's a temporary thing. The workouts went OK. Maybe a bit below average for a few of them, but not too much. I guess I could get real depressed about the weight gain, but I'm not. It may be just a residual of what I ate yesterday.


No comments: