Monday, September 8, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 5 - Week of 09/08/2014

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 8, 2014 - Chest, Back, and Balance

Start of the Strength Phase. Tough workout. I was doing ok at first, but was cutting back on a few of the reps because I was tiring and didn't want to slip off a ball and hurt myself. Midway through the second set, however, I just ran out of gas. On the 4 position pullups I was only able to do 2 at each position. I think I'll be stronger on this one when I do it again in 2 weeks.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 506; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 206.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 9, 2014 - Plyocide

I'm a bit sore from yesterday, which I guess is a good thing. Tonight was a good Plyocide workout. The only place where I consistently lose my breath and have my hands on my knees for a few seconds is after the Frog Burpees. I have to wait about 10 to 15 seconds to start the One Legged Slaloms, which are tough for me anyways. Even though I understand the concept, I still don't feel like I'm getting anything out of the stretches at the end.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 585; Avg Hear Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 156.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 10, 2014 - X2 Yoga

A somewhat disjointed Yoga workout as I was interrupted a few times, and just lost my concentration and focus. I still did Ok, though.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 440; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 213.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 11, 2014 - X2 Shoulders and Arms

A lot of these moves are balancing on one leg, which is tough for me. However, I did my best. I used 25s on the first three moves of each set. I even did OK on the Y-T's, using 5's.

Time: 52 minutes: Calories Burned: 508; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 157.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 12, 2014 - Base and Back

This would be an absolute killer of a workout if I could do tons on pullups, but I still struggle with them. This left a LOT of downtime in between moves, even more that the time they are taking between moves on the video. Still, I did the best I could on the pullups. On the good side, I kept up with them on the plyo moves. The toughest for me is the Weighted Plyo Lunges. I only used 10 lb weights (could probably have used 15s), but I was totally exhausted after both times I did that one. The Jack In The Box Knee Tucks are tough, but I actually enjoy them.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 470; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 199.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 13, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

I used the Rumble Roller for the first time on this workout. I did feel it a bit more, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sore in the next few days. I've felt sore before using the regular foam roller, but this thing is a whole new experience. I like it.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 203; Avg Heart Rate: 84; Max Heart Rate: 202.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 14, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

I was feeling sluggish all day, so I didn't feel like doing this. Finally got it done at 9:30pm.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 97; Avg Heart Rate: 97; Max Heart Rate: 123.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.4 (-1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.3% (-0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm into the "Strength" phase of the program, so there were a lot of new workouts. I liked them all. I'm really feeling sore so I know they're working, and that's a good thing. I'm obviously happy with the weight loss. I didn't think I ate that great this week (but not real bad), but there's weeks where I think I ate great and I end up gaining weight, so there are other factors involved. Anyways, I just do the best I can do and move forward.







No comments: