Monday, September 29, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 8 - Week of 09/29/2014

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 29, 2014 - V-Sculpt

I originally had this in my schedule for Thursdays, but noticed last time I was doing pullups two days in a row because I have Base and Back on Fridays, So I swapped it with X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Tris. I had a bad day at work and wasn't in a real good mood when I got home. I briefly thought about taking the week off to clear my mind, but that was only a brief moment. The workout went OK. I used 25s on most of the weighted moves and 15s on the rest. I also used the Pullup Assist again, but only on two of the pullup moves. I was weak on those again today.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 502; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 190.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 30, 2014 - Plyocide

I bought some licorice the other day, thinking it could satisfy my sweet tooth here and there. I came home stressed from work today and ate too much of it. Took a long nap, woke up really sluggish. I finally started the workout about 8:15. It started slow, but I was up to speed by the second or third set. I finished pretty good, and feel much better afterwards. It seems like everyday is a learning experience of sorts.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 530; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 1, 2014 - X2 Yoga

The workout went OK. Not much to say about it. I'm still not eating great. I can't force myself and just "do it". That doesn't last for me. I need something to "click" inside my brain for it to happen, and that's just not happening. That all just sounds pathetic, but that's where I am.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 412; Avg Heart Rate: 98; Max Heart Rate: 198.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 2, 2014 - X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Good workout. Nothing too exceptional. I started with 35's on the Shoulder Strip Set and worked down to 25's. On the 3 Ball Extravaganza I got my foot off the ball a few times, and even got it part way to my elbow once. I'm just nervous on those that I'm going to roll off the medicine balls and either sprain or break my wrist. But I still do OK with them. On another note, I got my P90 program delivered yesterday. I know it's supposed to be much easier than the "X" workouts, but I still want to try it out. I think there's a lot of people that could benefit from these programs if only they'd give them a chance.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 405; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 189.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2014 - Base and Back

I was going to use the Pullup Assist again, then decided I'd only use it for the second set, then ended up not using it at all. I still struggle mightily with pullups. I need to figure it out. I shouldn't be that bad at them.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 452; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 4, 2014 - X2 Recovery and Mobility

Wow! I used the Rumble Roller again and really went after it. I feel really great afterwards!

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 177; Avg Heart Rate: 80; Max Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

I felt good going into this one, I was crisp on the moves until the last one (seated bicycles), where my feet came down a few times.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 104; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 121.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 200.2 (+2.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.3% (+0.1%)

I'm totally disgusted with myself. First time I've been above 200 lbs in about 6 years.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm typing this right after my weigh in, so I'm not real happy, and I really don't know what to say. The one bright side is that the workouts went OK. I love P90X2, but it's not the program's fault I can't control my eating better. I feel like after six years I'm back to square one.

No comments: