Monday, September 15, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 6 - Week of 09/15/2014

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 - X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Feeling a bit sluggish going in, but got it done OK. There are a few tricky moves, especially the two involving the 3 medicine balls. I did Ok on the tricep dips on the balls. Not so good on the 3 Ball Extravaganza. I can do the pushups ok on that move, but have a problem getting one foot off the ball, and I certainly can't bring my knee to my elbow. No problems with any of the other moves. They were pretty staightforward.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 443; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 156.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 16, 2014 - Plyocide

Nothing special today with the workout. Got it done. Still don't like the stretches at the end. Need to concentrate on eating better, and I will. I feel like crap when I eat bad.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 534; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 153.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 - X2 Yoga

I felt pretty relaxed throughout most of the workout. I was far from perfect, but that's not the point.

Time: 67 minutes: Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 129.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2014 - V-Sculpt

This is a weird workout. A mix of a lot of pullups, renegade rows and even some band moves. I did OK on all but the pullups, as usual.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 426; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 147.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 19, 2014 - Base and Back

For the round of X2 I'd tweaked the daily schedule of each week a bit to what works best for me. Mondays and Tuesdays are intense workouts, then Yoga on Wednesdays. Then back to intense on Thursdays and Fridays, then Recovery and Mobility on Saturdays. I realized after I did this one today that I'd done pullups two days in a row. It didn't seem to bother me though, as I'm not able to do too many anyways. Even though this workout is tough, I seem to like it. I'm good on the plyo, need work on the pullups, which is a still a challenge for me. After all this time I should be better at them, but I'm not. I'm not sure why.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 528; Avg Heart Rate: 118: Max Heart Rate: 198.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

I was sore as hell going in, especially my legs. I played golf yesterday, then did Base and Back, and today I mowed the lawn for almost 2 hours. I was really looking forward to the foam roller, but am still a bit afraid of the Rumble Roller I'm using, so I backed off a bit when it got painful. I do feel a lot looser afterwards, though.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 231; Avg Heart Rate: 86; Max Heart Rate: 110.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 21, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

I wasn't perfect, but I did OK

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 110; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 127.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.6 (+2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (+0.5%)

A bit of a surprise. I was actually expecting a drop, but looking back,. I did eat some junk during the week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went well. I'm sore as hell, Not happy about the weight increase, but just need to be more aware with the eating.



No comments: