Monday, December 15, 2014

P90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 4 - WEEK OF 12/15/2014

MONDAY - DECEMBER 15, 2014 - P90 Sculpt A

Another good workout. Used 25's on all the weighted moves, except the tricep kickbacks where I used 15's again. Not much else to say.

Time: 31 minutes; Calories Burned: 323; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 197.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 16, 2014 - P90 Sweat A

Another solid workout, and again, not much to say.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 245; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 148.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 17, 2014 - P90 Speed Sculpt

This was only my second time doing this routine, so I'm still familiarizing myself with some of the moves and not going full blast yet. I do know the third move, Mountain Squats, wore me right out, and I was doing it with only 15 lb weights. I didn't even get all 16 reps in (only did 14). I'm sure the more familiar I get with it, the better I'll get. On the eating side, I'm giving into the Christmas Cookies piling up in the office again. I need to put an end to that. At least I haven't opened up the big box of chocolates somebody brought in.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 18, 2014 - P90 Sweat A

Last time doing this one for a while. Did OK.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 243; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 147.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 19, 2014 - P90 Sculpt A

Same situation as yesterday. Did OK. Used the same weights as last time. Trying (and needing) to eat better, but someone brought in pizza today for lunch so I went with it. I simply need to be more disciplined. Be more prepared in my eating. I shouldn't be sitting there wondering what I'm going to be eating, then going with the path of least resistance (usually fast food) because I have no plan.

Time: 31 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 20, 2014 - P90 - Horton's Greatest Hits

This workout was on the Bonus disc along with the Speed Series workouts. I didn't know what to expect as I couldn't find a review of it anywhere on the internet. I was guessing it might be some P90X, X2, or X3 moves that would give the P90 users a glimpse into those programs. Once again I was wrong. It turns out it's a cardio workout. 11 moves done for one minute each. including 3 sets of pushups. You then get a 30 second break and repeat all 11 moves. I've only done the "A" series of workouts so far, and a couple of the moves were similar to ones I've done, so it might be the others are from the "B" and "C' series. As with most cardio workouts I do for the first time I got tired rather quickly. The pushup moves were killing me and I spent a lot of the workout trying to catch my breath. None of the moves are really all that difficult in theory, but there are really no breaks in between each of the 11 moves. I was humbled, but I know the more I do this workout the better I'll get at it. It's like that for me with cardio workouts.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 404; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 21, 2014 - P90 Speed Abs

5 moves at a minute each. All in plank. Sounds easy. It's not. This is normally done right after Speed Sweat, and the "kids" on the video had just finished it, but even they were taking extended breaks. My feet were sliding a bit on the carpet, especially during the Teddy Tappers. I think I'll use a mat next time.

Time: 7 minutes;  Calories Burned: 68;  Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 202.0 (No change)
Body Fat: 23.3% (+0.1%)

This could have been worse. I caved into the sweets this week, especially on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I did read an article yesterday about the benefits of drinking water, and one woman's story where she drank a gallon a day for a month, to great results. I'd also seen an interview with Tony Horton about a year or so ago where he said he'd been in for a checkup of some sort and they determined he was dehydrated because he hadn't been drinking enough either. I know about the benefits of water, but have never really taken it seriously. I think I'm going to try drinking a lot of it for a week or so to see how I react. I'm sure it'll cut my appetite a bit.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was the final week of the "A" workouts. They were still challenging me, but I'm going into month two and the "B" series. I know those are a bit longer and a more challenging. We'll see how it goes. I'm also anxious to try the "water" experiment I just mentioned.

No comments: