Monday, December 22, 2014

P90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 5 - WEEK OF 12/22/2014

MONDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2014 - P90 Sweat B

I'm starting month two and the "B" series of workouts. I was a little worried this was going to be a lot harder than Sweat A, but it really didn't seem like it. The first eight moves were basically the same as Sweat A, but with a little added twist to them. The Sprawls were almost easier this time because you're adding a downstrike before the sprawl, which gets you down and in a better position to start it. The big difference between A and B is that there are now 10 moves in each sequence (then repeated) as opposed the 8 in A. The first new move is Mountain Climbers / Cross Climbers, which are killers after the Sprawls. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 419; Avg Heart rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 160.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 23, 2014 - P90 Sculpt B

My first time doing this one. I was going to try it out with the bands, but decided to go with the weights instead, I used 5 lbs less than I normally would have on most exercises because I wasn't sure how fast I would burn myself out. The workout went OK. I can see it being effective with heavier weights, but I can't say it's my favorite. One of the reasons being that the "cast" seemed boring. Maybe it will grow on me. I did notice there were no "door attachment" moves with the bands, which surprised me a bit.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 376; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 24, 2014 - P90 Speed Sweat

This might be the easiest P90 workout. Perfect for a Christmas Eve.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 265; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 144.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 25, 2014 - P90 Sculpt B

I had a filling Christmas dinner and did this workout in the early evening. It's tough. Once again, I have to point out that it's paced very quickly and there are only two 30 second breaks throughout the entire workout. I upped my weights on a lot of the moves without too many problems. However, the pace caught up to me in the third set on the Renegade Rows. I was only able to get 8 of the 16 in, and on the last set of Lunges I didn't go the full 40 seconds. I did my 16 reps and that was it. All the other moves I got everything in. I did my best. That's all I can ask.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 404; Avg Heart Rate: 135; Max Heart Rate: 157.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 26, 2014 - P90 Sweat B

Let me start by saying something about yesterday's workout. The workout was tough, but I noticed I felt really great for most of the evening afterwards. Better than I have in a long time. Maybe it's because I have several days off of work and my stress level is down a bit, but I'm sure the workout helped. Today's was a sweatfest too. I still have to take breaks during the Mountain Climbers, but everything else went OK.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 404; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 27, 2014 - P90 Saturday Special

I did better on this than in the past. I got through the Cross Climbers unscathed which seems to be the key for me.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 290; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 28, 2014 - P90 Ab Ripper B

This is Ab Ripper A with 5 moves added. It seemed to go pretty quickly. I had to modify a few moves because I couldn't balance on my sit bone. Hopefully after doing this a few times I won't have to.

Time: 14 minutes; Calories Burned: 91; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 117.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 203.4 (+1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.6% (+0.3%)

Not good/


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm pissed off about the weight gain. The workouts were tougher. I just move on. Blah, blah, blah ....

No comments: