Monday, January 2, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 1 - WEEK OF 01/02/17

It's been a while since I last posted, so I thought I'd start dong it again. It keeps me more focused and accountable for what I'm doing. Since last March I've done two rounds of P90X3, finishing the second one up two weeks ago. I'll be starting another one today. During the last round I noticed I was toning up really nice, especially around the shoulders, and I can get through the 30 minute workouts without dreading doing them all day.

A few areas I really need improvement on are my nutrition and my flexibility. My nutrition has always sucked. I just can't commit to it, and most of that has to do with poor (actually non-existent) meal planning. My flexibility has really taken a hit the last few years. Much of it has to do with the extra weight I'm carrying. I used to able to do "Plow"fairly easily, now I can't get my feet anywhere near the floor. I can't even get close to doing Seated Spinal Twists anymore either. Both are reminders I need to change things.

Starting Weight: 206.2; Starting Body Fat: 24.5%



MONDAY - JANUARY 2, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

This workout has always worn me out, but today was humbling to say the least. After the third move (a pullup move), I was gassed. I was taking all kinds of breaks, which I normally don't do. It took me at least 45 minutes to get through it. It may have been because I hadn't eaten before starting it, or maybe the two week layoff, or maybe I'm just really out of shape. I don't know. However, I did my best, except on the Boat to Plow move, where I kind of gave up out of fatigue and exasperation. One positive: Last round I started doing all the pull ups unassisted. For Christmas I got some new workout gloves that brace my wrists, and they felt good. 

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 330; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 210.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 3, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

Much better than yesterday, as I took no breaks. This one is tough for me as I simply can't balance on a lot of the moves (Joel Jumps are almost impossible for me), and I'm uncoordinated in other. By the time I get to the Plyo Pushups, which is the last move, I'm gassed, and can barely get the walking pushups in, let alone the plyo ones.Overall, an average Agility X for me.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 158.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 4, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

Target: 25 pushups, 5 pullups. I did OK, hitting my target on all the moves. Om a few of the pullups I had to come off the bar after three reps, then getting back on and finishing up the remaining two, usually one at a time. Pullups are still very tough for me, almost embarrassingly tough, but I still do my best. The new workout gloves seem to help a lot, noticeably in the wrists today. I usually go at a quicker speed than they do on the video, to eliminate a lot of down time between moves, but it works out OK. I just get going again at the Burnout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 210.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 5, 2016 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

One of my goals this round is to get some of my flexibility back. I did OK. I felt a bit more flexible doing this than last round, but I still have a long way to go. Baby steps.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 230; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 124.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 6, 2017 - P90x3 - CVX

I surprised myself a bit on this one. It was probably one of the best CVX workouts I've ever done. I used an 8 lb medicine ball as my weight. I changed speed and range of motion on most of the moves when he asked for it. Overall, I'm very happy with today's effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 360; Avg Heart Rate: 135; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 7, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

This workout doesn't look hard on paper, but it always gasses me, I was determined going in not to let it beat me..Some moves I did better than in the past, but there were a few that I just couldn't finish. Something to improve on in the future.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 306; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 211.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 8, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

I got this done in the morning. Felt good. Only came of out one move for a second or two (Plank Crunches), otherwise I kept pace. Note: Dolphin Hops are killers. Being the second move of the workout tires you out for the rest of them.

Time:  15 minutes; Calories Burned: 131; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 131.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 206.0 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 24.1% (-0,3%)

I was hoping the wight drop would have been more, as I'd \eaten Pretty good (but no where near perfect). I did eat a bag of cashews throughout the week and I know they are high in calories, so that might have had something to do with it. However, there was a 0.3% drop in body fat which means I'm doing something right.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm pleased. It was a slow start on Monday, but after that I felt pretty good and the workouts seemed to go well. I feel better, more energized, and am happy with the direction of the eating..

No comments: