Monday, January 16, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 3 - WEEK OF 01/16/17

MONDAY - JANUARY 16, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

I was very pleased with the workout today. I didn't let my mind tell me I couldn't do things, and I pushed to get as many reps in as possible. I got all 23 of the Crawly Plyo Pushups in. I got all of the Boat to Plow moves in, though some weren't real pretty. My balance still sucks, but that's not from a lack of effort. I'm also eating well today.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 278; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate:151,


TUESDAY - JANUARY 17, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

I kind of feel like I can only go so far with this workout because my balance is so bad. Even moves where you are stepping forwards and backwards isn't easy for me because when my foot lands my ankles roll in a bit and it takes me a split second to recover. Fast balancing moves are almost impossible. Even the "high stepping" moves are difficult for me. It is what it is. We all have our weaknesses. Just do the best you can. Ate well again today. I'm trying to track things a bit with the FitBit.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 263; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 149.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 18, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

Target: 30 pushups, 6 pullips. Once again, I hit all the pushups with no breaks. I hit all the pullups too, but had to come down from the bar several times. I did feel stronger on them though. Still eating well. I don't think the FitBit is recording my calories burned correctly. I know I burned way more than 189.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 189; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate:147.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 19, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I'm finding myself looking forward to Yoga days because some of these other workouts are beating the crap out of me. I did OK today. My attitude was good. My balance wasn't.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 145; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 128.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 20, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

Good workout! I just did the best I could and was pleased with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 298; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate:151.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 21, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

I can't say I was looking forward to this one, but was up for the challenge. I did all right. There are a few moves that just gas me, and I can't get through them. During the Elevator Pushups he starts moving real fast with about 15 seconds left. I go to my hands and knees every time. On the Leg Scissors moves, I'm so out of breath from the previous move that I can barely get my shoulders off the ground, and on the last move I'm doubled over in exhaustion by the time the spins come. These are areas I can look to improve on and conquer someday. One other thing: I've been eating pretty good all week, tracking my calories with my FitBit. I certainly feel better, and today I noticed my workout sweats were starting to slide down my hips a bit.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 22, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Again, I wasn't looking forward to doing this one. It wasn't my best effort. I came out of a lot of the reps early, including Dolphin Hops, Plank Crunches, and the C-Y Reaches, where he seems to blabber incessently between reps.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 78; Avh Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 204.0 (-3.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.9% (-0.6%)

I stuck to a calorie count this week and logged my food intake. It was a big eye opener and I'm happy with the results. It shows it can be done.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This week was primarily concentrating on what and how much I ate. Obviously it gives me optimism going forward.

No comments: