Monday, January 23, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 4 - WEEK OF 01/23/17

MONDAY - JANUARY 23, 2017 - P90X3 - Isometrix

Well, that was ugly. I was having problems with all the plank moves. For some reason my shoulders were sore and the plank moves were burning them up something fierce. Except for one Side Arm Balance, I couldn't hold any of the moves the full 45 seconds. Most times I was coming out and going back into the move throughout the 45 seconds. I admit there were plenty of times I gave up before I should have. On the standing moves, my balance was better than usual for the first 3 or 4 sets, then it went away. Not my best effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 132; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 123.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 24, 2017 - P90X3 - Dynamix

I felt pretty good going in. Took a small nap before starting and work up refreshed, not groggy. This may have been the best I've ever done on this workout. I felt pretty limber. I was getting all the moves in without losing my balance too much.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 115; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 130.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 25, 2017 - P90X3 - Accelerator

I've probably said this before, but I think this is the toughest cardio routine Tony has done. Usually, I'm going down to my knees way before the minute is up. Today, I pushed myself. There were only a few moves I didn't make in entirely through, on those moves I went farther than I had previously. I still have a ways to go on this one, but it's a start.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 280; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 151.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 26, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

Once again, I did better than I usually do. I'm feeling a bit more flexible, which is helping. I even did some, but not all, of the Side Plank moves in an actual Side Plank, instead of resting on my hip. Still eating well.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 81; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 124.
NOTE: Still using the FitBit as my heart rate monitor. The Avg and Max Heart Rates aren't too far off from the Polar Heart Rate Monitor I'd been using for years, but the Calories Burned is a LOT lower. About 25% - 50% lower.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 27, 2017 - P90X3 - Decelerator

In following the official P90X3 schedule, this workout is not scheduled during the Recovery Week. CVX is here instead. Decelerator doesn't appear until Phase 3. However, I want to keep the schedule close to the original P90X with it's phases, so I put Decelerator here. It's probably not a "recovery" workout, but it works for me here. It's always been tough for me, but today I was actually looking forward to it because I've been doing better on the most of the workouts than I had it the past. Today was no exception. It wasn't pretty by any means, but I did my best and felt good about it, even though I know there's a lot of room for improvement. I still can't do Cracker Crane Pushups, but I tried.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 225; Avg Heart Rate:114; Max Heart Rate:142.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 28, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

For some reason, I've been feeling very sluggish all day. Took a few naps, but that didn't help. I finally got this in, It went OK, but I was laboring early on. My balance was a tad bit better than usual, so that's a positive.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 164; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 125.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 29, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 202.0 (-2.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.3% (-0.6%)

Both are good numbers. I stuck to my plan this week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went well. On a lot of them I did better on the individual routines than I had in the past. I'm sure eating better helped that.

No comments: