Monday, January 9, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 2 - WEEK OF 01/09/17

NOTE: My Heart Rate Monitor died before the start of the Round last week (last week's stats were guesstimates based on previous workouts) . New battery didn't help, so I needed to get a new one. I decided to get a Fit Bit Charge 2. It was a bit more than a regular heart rate monitor, but it does so much more. I just need to see what it can do and put it to good use.


MONDAY - JANUARY 9, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

This one humbled me last week as I had to take numerous breaks just to get through it. Not so much today. I didn't take any breaks. The move that kills me early on is the Crawly Plyo Pushups. They do 24. I crashed today after 16 which may have allowed me to be stronger the rest of the workout. I'm not sure if missing those 8 reps was the noble thing to do, but I made up for them by doing more on later moves. FitBit said I burned 25 calories. Using my old Polar heart rate monitor, I was usually in the 325 range, even though my average heart rate was similar on both devices. We'll see what happens in the future with other workouts. It is what it is, but it's just something I like to track.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 252; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 152.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 10, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

Slightly above mu average Agility X workout today. I went at it a bit harder and tried forcing myself to do moves that I'm very uncoordinated with, like the spinning plyo jumps. Still was out of breath by the time I got to the plyo pushups at the end.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 249; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 140.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 11, 207 - P90X3 - The Challenge

TARGET: 28 pushups; 6 Pullups. I hit all my pushups with no problems. I did all the pullups too, but had to come off the bar a lot, and some were ugly.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 211; Avg Hear Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 148.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 12, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

Well ... I went in with good intentions. I wanted to stay relaxed and enjoy. That went south in a hurry. I had absolutely no balance on either foot had no flexibility. Not a good combo. I'm not going to dwell on it. One of those days.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 116; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 122.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 13, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

Used an 8 lb medicine ball as my weight. I did OK. Nothing notable. I felt my right calf muscle tweak on the first move, so I took it a touch easy on some of the moves. I also ditched the weights on the Crescent/Chair move near the end. I find my form is really bad if I use the weight, so I thought I'd try it without it. My form was definitely better, but I'm not sure if I was keeping my heart rate up. It's a bit of a trade off. It's obvious my heart rate and calories burned are tracking lower with the FitBit than they were with the Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I was reading a few articles on this yesterday and it is a common thing with the FitBit. A suggestion was to wear it farther up the wrist and make it wear tighter. I tried that and it seemed to show higher numbers, but not like before. I'll keep pplaying with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned:286; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate:151.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 14, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

I wasn't dreading this one today, but I wasn't feeling really optimistic on how I was going to do either. I did get through it. It wasn't perfect by any means, and I didn't get all the reps in, but I finished it, with no breaks.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 275; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 15, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Poor effort. I was a bit bummed after the weight gain this week, so my motivation was way down. I came out of a lot of the "ISO-Hold" moves early, because I didn't feel like holding them. Move on.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 63; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 121.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 207.4 (+1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 24.5% (+0.4%)

I are a lot yesterday, and not all of it was good, which pretty much summed up the entire week. Too much "cheating".


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This round was supposed to be a concentrated effort on the workouts and the nutrition. I slipped badly on both. I'm finding the nutrition is the key. If I eat well, I take pride in my workouts. If I eat poorly, I just go through the motions on the workouts. This week was the latter.

No comments: