Tuesday, May 16, 2017

INSANITY: MAX 30 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 5 - WEEK OF 05/15/2017

MONDAY - MAY 15, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Cardio

This is the start of month two, and the workouts are supposed to be a bit harder. I had sampled them about 5 weeks ago, before I started to do the program, so I'm not going in totally blind. I had remembered this routine not being too much harder than the month one workouts, and it really wasn't. There was one move I couldn't do without modifying (the one where you're balancing on one leg, leaning out, and bringing your arms in and out), but other than that I was OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 302; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 157.


TUESDAY - MAY 16, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Power

I looked at my log from when I did this a few weeks ago and saw it was tough, and that I'd really struggled with it. I was dreading the pushup sequence. I did struggle with the pushups, and maxed out during that sequence, but did much better than I thought I would. I didn't have too many problems with the rest of the moves, including the burpees at the end. Overall, I was not perfect, but very pleased with my effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 242; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 17, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Sweat

At the end of this workout Shaun collapses on the floor and says it's the toughest workout he's ever taught. It's definitely brutal because of the combinations of moves. Usually, there is only one tough move out the a three move circuit. In this one, there's often two, so it's tough to recover, and even tougher mentally.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 299; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 152.


THURSDAY - MAY 18, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Strength

I got concentrated and got through it OK. I still have problems with some of the pushups. Before I started I checked my notes from the first time I did it a few weeks ago and saw there were two sets of pushups, but the last set was more tricep moves than actual pushups. Still not easy though.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories  Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 148.


FRIDAY - MAY 19, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Fight Round 2

Very tough workout, as advertised. 60 minute moves with very few breaks. Lots of burpees interspersed throughout. I salute anyone that can get through this one without maxing out.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate:133; Max Heart Rate: 161.


SATURDAY - MAY 20, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Ab Attack:10 and Pulse

I did these in the early evening and felt really good and refreshed on both workouts.

Ab Attack- Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 72; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 153
Pulse - Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 135; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 131


SUNDAY - MAY 21, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN 
Weight: 188.0 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.5% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts this week were definitely tougher than Month 1, but I thought I handled them pretty well. I'm losing my focus on my eating and am starting to plateau on my weight. This is affecting my thought process negatively and I'm finding myself eating things I probably wan't eating a few months ago. It's not critical yet.

No comments: