Monday, May 29, 2017

INSANITY: MAX 30 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 7 - WEEK OF 05/29/2017

MONDAY - MAY 29, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Cardio

Today is Memorial Day, so I had some hot dogs, macaroni salad, etc. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It tasted good. I did the workout in the early evening, as usual. I wasn't feeling as sluggish as I thought I would after eating what I did. I didn't max out once again on this routine, but had to modify a few of the moves again because of my balance. Overall, I was happy with the workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 328; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 161.


TUESDAY - MAY 30, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Power

One thing I promised myself I'd do with these entries was not to censor myself. I had a real rough day at work today, as a lot of them have been lately. I'm feeling totally overworked, underpaid,  and unsupported there. Most days I just accept things and move on. I realize there's a lot of people in much worse situations than mine. The workouts help me feel good about myself. Today, things really got to me. I wasn't really in the mood to do the workout, but I always do them anyways, and usually give my best effort. Today was no exception. In this routine there is a section of all plyo push-ups which is tough enough, but especially tough for me, because I've been struggling with them. This is the section I always max out at. I was doing my best, but it wasn't happening. The more it wasn't happening, the more frustrated I was getting, and finally in one of those push-up sets, the whole day just got to me, and I went down to my knees in tears. I was only there for a few seconds and was almost embarrassed, even though I was by myself, but it wasn't a good moment. I did recover and finish the set, but my spirit was definitely broken. I wish I could say that moment inspired me to suddenly see the light and push myself even harder, but it didn't. I just finished the workout as normal. I just needed to put it here.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 252; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 143.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 31, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Sweat

I'm feeling better today. Not as overwhelmed with things as I was feeling yesterday. I also ate better today, much like I had been earlier in the year, so I at least controlled that today. Baby steps. One thing at a time. The workout went pretty well. I maxed out around the 20 minute mark on a move I just can't coordinate myself with, the In and Out Abs with One Arm Reaching out to the side move. I was all over the place on it. By the time I got to the last set I was really tired and could barely do any of the moves for any length of time, but I kept trying, which is what it's all about.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 325; Avg Heart Rate: 135; Max Heart Rate: 162.


THURSDAY - JUNE 1, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Strength

I had to be somewhere in the early evening, so rather than do the workout very late, I did it immediately when I got home. It's still tough, but I did OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 150.


FRIDAY - JUNE 2, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Fight Round 2

This is brutal, but I'm hanging in there. Even on the burpees, which I think he's throwing in there just to kill us.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 303; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SATURDAY - JUNE 3, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Ab Attack: 10 and Pulse

I'm getting through both of these OK. Nothing really eventful on either workout.

Ab Attack: Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 77; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 156.
Pulse: Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 128; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SUNDAY - JUNE 4, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 185.6 lbs (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.3% (no change)

I'm going in the right direction again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It's good to see some weight loss two weeks in a row, after a few uneven weeks. I'm still enjoying the workouts. They're tough, but I'm not dreading them. I'm almost looking at them as a challenge, to say to myself: "look at me and what I'm able to do."

No comments: