Tuesday, May 2, 2017

INSANITY: MAX 30 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 3 - WEEK OF 05/01/2017

MONDAY - MAY 1, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Cardio Challenge

I'm starting to get burned out a bit. The workouts don't seem to be as exciting and fresh to me as they were, but it still went well. I'm modifying a bit in the warm-up because it's taking a toll on my ankles and calf muscles, but other than that, I'm doing the best I can. I maxed out real late in the workout. Around the 27 minute mark, I think.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 332; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 159.


TUESDAY - MAY 2, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Tabata Power

I did OK, but I've had better efforts. I maxed out earlier than I had before. Around the 14 minute mark, doing the Fast Power Jumps. My knees and ankles were hurting and I just didn't feel like pushing through like I had in the past. Everything else seemed to go OK. As for the burnout I've been feeling, I think a lot of it is coming from the weight loss process. I have to concentrate on what I'm eating (and what I'm not eating), and it's getting to me a bit. The weight gain last week, even though I know it was a temporary setback,  put a damper on things a bit, and I'm feeling like I don't care as much. It's just something where I just have to push through and trust the process.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 144.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 3, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Sweat Intervals

A much better effort today. I didn't even officially max out today. I was going a bit slower on some of the moves than they were, but not much slower. I was pleased. Also,, a major milestone. I tried this program in early 2015 and quit after 2 weeks and 2 days. Only program I've ever quit. Today I passed that 2 weeks and 2 days!

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 331; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - MAY 4, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Tabata Strength

I wasn't dreading this one today, but I wasn't really looking forward to it either, as I really struggle with the pushup sets for some reason. The last two times I maxed out around the 11 minute mark doing the low hold Diamond Pushups. Today I realized you're supposed to be doing them on your knees, which I hadn't been. With that change, I got through them today. I finally maxed out at 23:30 (can't remember the move). Overall, it wasn't a great effort, because I just wasn't into it today, but I've had worse.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 285; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 148.


FRIDAY - MAY 5, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Fight Round 1

I got through it OK.Even though I know I'm doing the right things, and it was a blip on the radar, I'm still bummed about last week's weight gain, and it's taking a bit of my motivation away.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 326; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SATURDAY - MAY 6, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Ab Attack: 10 / Pulse

Both workouts went well.

Ab Attack - Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 69; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 142.
Pulse - Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 136; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 130

   INSANITY: MAX 30 - Sweat Fest

I was looking to burn off some more calories and energy so I pulled this one out again around 10 pm. I liked it the last time I did it two weeks ago. For some reason, it didn't seem as tough, but it still made me sweat,

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 289; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SUNDAY - MAY 7, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 187.6 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.8% (+0.1%)

This might have been  my body correcting itself from last week's gain, because I slacked off the the eating a bit. Body Fat increase probably reflects that a bit.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I said on Friday's entry, I was totally thrown off by last week's wight gain and just lost mt motivation. I'm expecting losses every single week, and when they don't happen it bums me out a bit. This week's weight loss didn't even feel like a victory.






No comments: