Tuesday, May 23, 2017

INSANITY: MAX 30 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 6 - WEEK OF 05/22/2017

MONDAY - MAY 22, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Cardio

This one is tough, but for some reason I don't find it as tough of some of the other workouts, certainly none of the Month 2 ones. I got all the way through it without maxing out. I did get a great calorie burn on this one, though.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 350; Avg Heart Rate: 140; Max Heart Rate:166.


TUESDAY - MAY 23, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Power

Outside of a few set of pushups, this one is do-able for me. The leg section at the beginning isn't too bad, nor is the core section. I even got in almost all of the burpees at the end. I'm making progress, and still enjoying the workouts.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 141.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 24, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Sweat

I wasn't dreading the workout today, but I was respecting it going in. I is extremely hard, but I was happy with my effort. I maxed out around the 19 minute mark, then a lot of times after that. The last two circuits seem to be harder than the other ones. One thing I'm really happy with is the one arm "punch" burpees, where I don't feel too much out of control with just the one hand on the floor.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 331; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 161.


THURSDAY - MAY 25, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Strength

I guess my question to myself is why are these pushup sequences so hard for me. I can do straight pushups with no probleb, but when I have to move or slow things down, I really struggle a lot. Sometimes it's hard to get even eight or nine in without my arms trembling like crazy. I'm thinking it is because they are slower. I know in P90X when I do the Two Twitch Speed Pushups (fast, then slow), I really have a hard time. I didn't have too much trouble with the leg and core moves today, but the pushups and tricep moves killed me.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 234; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 136.


FRIDAY - MAY 26, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Fight Round 2

Last week I almost made the comment that I didn't think I'd ever get through this routine without maxing out, but I didn't because I thought that would be defeatist. Today I saying that I don't think I'll ever get through this routine with out maxing out, and I'll further that by saying I don't think anybody can get through this routine by maxing out. It's too hard. Aside from two 30 second water breaks, it's non stop. One minutes for each move with no breaks in between, and there are very few moves that I'd consider to be "easy". I maxed out today just short of seven minutes, during the last few seconds of the Floor Hops. I thought to myself "I only had a few seconds to go", but in reality I would have maxed out early on the next move anyways. I 'm not sure I made it through too many moves without stopping for a few seconds. Very challenging, but very humbling. A very good routine.

Time" 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate: 136; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SATURDAY - MAY 27, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Ab Attack:10 and Pulse

Nothing of note on either routine, other than when I'm done I can really feel it in my abs. I don't know which routine is causing it, or if it's a combination of both, but it feel good.

Ab Attack: Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 75; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate:142.
Pulse: Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 115; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY - MAY 28, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.2% (-0.3%)

Back on track.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm still not committing to eating with the calorie deficit like I was earlier in the year. I'm still logging what I eat, but it's becoming a pain in the ass, maybe because I know I'm a bit burned out just thinking about it. There was a point where I felt eating this was was easy, but I no longer feel that way. To be honest, I'm feeling deprived, and it's not making me feel happy. The workouts are going pretty good. Very tough this month, but I'm doing my best and getting through them OK. I'm happy with the weight loss, but don't want to fool myself. I'm not consistently sticking to my plan, so I didn't know I was going to have the loss. When I'm stcking to the plan, I know I will.



No comments: