Monday, February 26, 2018

WEEK OF 02/26/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Recovery 4 Results

Not much to say. I like recovery workouts and was looking forward to not beating up my body today. The workout went fine.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 181; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 137.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Bun Shaper

As I said last time, this one is no joke. A ton of reps, and he's really moving in the second half. I had to pause for about a minute or two about two-thirds of the way through because I was out of gas.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 429; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Diamond Delts

I was feeling a bit sluggish going in because I didn't eat too good today. Also drinking too much Diet Pepsi again because I'm getting stressed at work. I got through it. Nothing notable, but I was feeling a bit week, so I only used 30's again on the Shoulder Presses. I'm doing them sitting down. Tony says you can do heavier weight sitting rather than standing, but I'm not sure that's the case with me. I'll test it sometime.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 228; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 139.


THURSDAY - MARCH 1, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Fountain of Youth Yoga

I did OK, but for some reason I'm still crashing during the Warrior 3 /  Half Moon section. I'm just drained when I get there, and am often going to my knees or coming out of poses for a few seconds here and there.  I was much better at yoga five or six years ago when I was consistently doing the original P90X Yoga X. I could blame it on getting older, and that may be a part of it, but I'm not convinced that's the reason. I'll keep working at it.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 169; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 125.


FRIDAY - MARCH 2, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Mammoth UML

In the midst of doing this one today, I was thinking I was not a fan of this routine. It's the second time I've done it, and have done most of the moves a lot in Tony's other programs. However, when I was done, I noticed my legs felt like jello, and I could feel the tightness in my upper chest muscles and my core muscles. I went at it pretty good, so maybe I underestimated this one.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 296; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SATURDAY - MARCH 3, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Medicine Ball Core Cardio

I did OK, not great, as I have a hard time pushing myself in this one and the P90X3 version (CVX).  I'm still sweating like crazy and winded as I go through it, so maybe I'm doing better than I think, but I just don't feel like it's max effort. I'm almost afraid to go all out because my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 299; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SUNDAY - MARCH 4, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Killer Abs

I'm getting better at it. I'm able to get of the floor on the sit up moves without having to use too much momentum. One thing I'm noticing is that my abs are burning more during the first ten moves, the Power 90 Ab Ripper, than they are during the last 12 moves, which are the P90X Ab Ripper X moves. I am getting more tired during the P90X moves, mainly because there's more range of motion involved. The Power 90 moves seem to be more compact, but I can tell they're very effective.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 112; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 132.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 192.0  (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.9% (-0.3%)

I'm happy with both numbers.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm happy. This is the end of month one and the end of the Volume One workouts. I actually feel like I'm accomplishing things and not just going through the motions. Overall, I'm feeling less sluggish. I'm feeling more toned and my abs seem a lot tighter than they used to be. These workouts are a breath of fresh air for me. Most of them are new to me, but they're also back to the old school original P90X style, which has always been my "home".

No comments: