Monday, March 5, 2018

WEEK OF 03/05/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 5

Start of month two - Now doing Volume Two of the One on One's

MONDAY - MARCH 5, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Core Ball Sandwich

This was my first time doing this one. I saw the preview video on YouTube, so I kind of knew what to expect. I didn't do well. I was really timid on most of the ball moves. I'd done a few of them in P90X2, but that was a few years ago, and I was afraid the ball would roll on me and I'd break a wrist or something. I only did about 10 reps on those moves. I was weak, as usual, on the pullup moves, but I did better than expected on the first go through. All in all, I was disappointed in my effort.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 226; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 138.


TUESDAY - MARCH 6, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Butt and Belly

New to me. Exhausting. My legs are shaking afterwards. I did all the reps. The Leap Frog Squats were the killers for me. I was going as low as I could, but my quads were burning. I ran out of gas in the middle of the second 8-Card Pick-up exercise, and paused for about a minute, then finished up. This one looks easy, but it's sneaky hard.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 324; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 7, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - On One Leg

I don't think I'd done this one before, even though I had a bonus disc of it that came with P90x2 or P90X3. It's shoulders and arms workout (shoulders, bicep, tricep circuit), but you're balancing on one leg while doing the moves. I can't balance at all, especially on my left leg. I have very high arches, so there's no firm base to the bottom of my foot. My ankles roll in, causing me to lose my balance. Fact of life. I work at it, but it seems physically hopeless. Tony was struggling with many of the moves. I did the best I could. He was doing 15 reps of each move. I was doing 10, because I wasn't moving as fast as he was. We both used light weights, mostly 15's and 10's for me. Because I couldn't do too much, I didn't break too much of a sweat. I was frustrated, but was happy with my effort.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 194; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 143.


THURSDAY - MARCH 8, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Patience Hummingbird (Yoga)

I'd done this one a half-dozen times before, but not since 2014. I remembered it was slow moving and holding poses for a longer time than usual. I was looking forward to it today. Of all of Tony's yoga workouts, this is the most relaxing one to me, and today was no exception. I was getting a little impatient in areas, but worked through it. Overall, I liked it, because it was a good change of pace.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 119; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 122.


FRIDAY - MARCH 8, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - 10 Minute Crusher Pack (20/12 Abs, Legs Of Gold, Shadow Boxing)

This was one of the workouts I was really looking forward to doing when I decided to do the One On One's. I'd bought Volumes One and Three complete. I had to put Volume Two together piecemeal, and this one one of three discs I didn't have, so it became a mission to get it. Finally did so. It's three 10 minute workouts. 20/12 is a core workout. 20 reps on a floor move, 12 reps on the pullup bar. I was watching to see what he was doing with each move, so I was only doing 6 reps on the bar. The floor moves were more familiar, so I usually got in the entire 20. Legs of Gold were mostly moves I was familiar with, so it wasn't a problem. Shadow Boxing was a minute of jump rope followed by a minute on random punching a and kicking, repeated five times. I haven't used a jump rope in about five years, so I was a bit challenged there. On one of the sets I think I got around 28 reps in without getting tangled up, so that was good. The punching and kicking was just fun, as you could basically do what you wanted, even making up your own combinations. I finished up with Jab/Cross/Hook/Uppercut/Front Kick/Back Kick. There were no real breaks during each ten minute segment, and only about a minute or so between them, so I did work up a bit of a sweat. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 248; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SATURDAY - MARCH 9, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Cardio Intervals

One thing I like to do with workouts I haven't done before (like this one) is check out the You Tube snippets of the workout previews to get an idea what I'm in for. Sometimes I'll google the workout and get reviews from those that have done the workout. This one got mixed reviews. Some thought it was hard, and others didn't. I liked it. There were twenty moves done for 30 seconds each, then a small break, then a repeat of the twenty moves. Most of them I liked. I don't like "go to the floor" moves in cardio workouts and this one only had a few of those. I was looking forward to doing this one today, but I went into it feeling very sluggish, and I couldn't shake it off. I was moving slower than Tony was, and my range of motion was poor. However, that was today. I'm sure when I'm feeling a bit better, I'll really get more out of it.

Time: 39 minutes; Calories: 290; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY - MARCH 10, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - ISO Abs

I'd done this one a few times before. 10 exercises at 12 slow reps each, then repeat. 38 Minutes, but it flies by. Mid way through, I was felling it in my abs. The only problem I was having today was that my hamstrings were really tight and I couldn't straighten my legs for a few moves, like the Drawbridge and the Monster. I also had a hard time getting up into Banana in the second round. Other than that, it all went well.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 110; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 122.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 192.0 (no change)
Body Fat: 21.0% (+0.1%)

I didn't eat great, but not bad, either.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

These Volume Two workouts seemed a bit easier than the Volume One's, but they were still challenging, and I really liked them.

No comments: