Monday, April 9, 2018

WEEK OF 04/09/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - APRIL 9, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - UBX (Upper Body X)

This ended up being P90X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I don't think the X2 version was anywhere near as tough as this one. It was brutal, especially some of the pushup moves, many of them on medicine balls. I was only able to get in 10 reps on most of the moves.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 332; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 135.


TUESDAY - APRIL 10, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Core Synergistics: MC2

Not a fan of this one. I didn't like the original Core Synergistics and generally don't like any core specific workouts. Just a personal preference. I couldn't do a few of the moves because of balance issues, and couldn't do any of the Dreya Rolls with a medicine ball because I couldn't get enough momentum to get up onto my feet. A lot of the other moves I half-assed because I just didn't like them. The warm up was too long, and the cool down was too long. Poor, poor effort from me today. There are days when I'm not feeling it, but I do what I can. Today wasn't one of them.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 272; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 133.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 11, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - V Sculpt

Not a bad workout, but there were a lot of Band moves I wasn't ready for. It took me a number of moves to try and figure out where to connect the bands. The weight moves went OK. The pullup moves, not so much. I'd been doing better at them lately, but struggled a bit today.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories burned: 265; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 136.


THURSDAY - APRIL 12, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Yoga: MC2

Second time through on this one. I didn't really like it last week, but I went into it with an open mind today. It was a complete sweat fest. I did like it a bit better than last week, probably because I knew there was no relief until the last few minutes. I did a little better on a few of the moves, but still came out of a few poses and went to my knees a few times during the last half of the workout. Overall, I was pleased with my effort and attitude.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 313; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 135.


FRIDAY - APRIL 13, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - P.A.P.

At the time this was recorded, PAP was a new thing. I've been through it in P90X2 and P90X3, so I kind of knew what to expect. The warm up was way too long. They could have added a fourth move to the Lower Complex instead. Otherwise, the Complexes were fine. I had problems holding the Side Plank things, but I always do with those. I used 25's on the Pushup Rows, which went OK. I did the best I could on the Plyo Pushups, getting six in on each move. They weren't pretty, but I got them in. I also did better than expected on the 4 Ball Chaturanga's. The longest I held one for was 17 seconds, because my feet kept slipping off a ball, but I was comfortable in the Chaturanga position. Also not a fan of the stretches afterwards, but I was used to them from X2. I guess if they had to be somplace, this was the best spot. It just made the workout extra long.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned; 123; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SATURDAY - APRIL 14, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Stretch and Recovery

This is the last workout I hadn't done before. In the video promo for this workout Tony says it's not like the original (P90X X-Stretch). I found that it was. The X2 version was completely different than this one, with that one concentrating a lot on foam rolling, which wasn't here. Still, I liked it a lot. I was pushing myself a bit here and found out my flexibility was better that usual, at least for today.  It was 69 minutes well spent.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 153; Avg Heart Rate: 98; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SUNDAY - APRIL 15, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - ARX2

I did OK. 20 reps of each move, except for the ball one.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 134; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 135.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 187.8 (-2,8 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.1% (-0.4%)

Big drops in both areas. I don't think I did too many things differently than I've been doing lately, so I hope there isn't a "re-set" next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I said earlier, I've now done all 36 of the One On One workouts, and I think they're fantastic. The Volume Three ones are tough, but I'm keeping up for the most part, so that makes me feel good. The weight drop has been good too. I'm feeling stronger, tighter, and fitter, which is what it's all about.


No comments: