Monday, April 30, 2018

WEEK OF 04/30/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 13

MONDAY - APRIL 30, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Fountain of Youth

I'm closing out the round with an all yoga week. Of the three One On One yoga routines, this one is probably my favorite. It's a good balance of poses and stretches. I did well today. I toppled on a couple moves but my balance was a bit better than usual, and my flexibility was a lot better than usual. On the hamstring stretches at the end, I was able to reach around my heels with one leg crossed over the other. I can't remember the last time I did that. Maybe the Stretch and Recovery workout I did on Saturday helped me out a bit.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 114; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 133.


TUESDAY - MAY 1, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Patience Hummingbird

I did OK. Just tried to relax and go through the moves.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 86; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 129.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 2, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Yoga: MC2

I've said it before, but I don't like this one. I try to go in with an open mind, but it seems Tony is in his own world on this one, and he even says as much at the beginning. Entirely too many vinyasa moves and poses, many of them repetitive in nature in different parts of the workout. There are 5 sets of shoulder stretches. Five. Do we really need that many? I got through it, but it doesn't relax me.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 206; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 141.


THURSDAY - MAY 3, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Yoga: MC2

My original schedule had me doing Fountain of Youth today and this one on Saturday. I decided to switch them for a number of reasons: a) I wanted to get this one out of the way, b) I wanted to end this round with a workout I liked, not hated, and c) I wanted to see what I could do with this one after doing it just a day ago. Would I learn anything? Would I be better at it because it was fresh in my mind? Well, I did learn a bit. I saw how he sequenced the workout a bit better. Before it was just a jumble of moves. I'm not sure, however, if I did better than yesterday. It was close. There are still a couple sequences that bring me to my knees. I think the more I do this one, knowing what to expect and when to expect it, I might like it a bit more. One thing for sure is that I'm always sweating like crazy at the end.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 192; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 133.


FRIDAY - MAY 4, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Patience Hummingbird

As with yesterday's workout, I was able to see what he was doing with the sequences, and it made the workout more enjoyable. I now appreciate this one a lot more than I did before, and it might now be my favorite yoga workout of Tony's. I'm really happy about discovering that.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 62; Avg Heart Rate: 92; Max Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - MAY 5, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Fountain of Youth

And that's a wrap! Last workout of the round. I. I was actually looking forward to finishing with this one. It wasn't perfect, but I was more relaxed than I'd have been if I'd had to to the MC2 Yoga. I'm glad I made the switch on Thursday.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 138; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SUNDAY - MAY 6, 2018 - Rest

My first rest day in 90 days.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 188.4 (no change)
Body Fat: 20.1% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

When putting together the schedule for this round I wondered if a full week of yoga would be too much. It turns out it wasn't and it worked out fine. I'd do it again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE ROUND

I'm a bit bummed that it's over. I feel better than I have in years. Overall, I lost 7.0 lbs and 1.6% body fat, but that doesn't begin to tell the story. I feel stronger. Near the end I finally figured out how to do pull-ups after 10 years of trying. I still have a ways to go with them, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I feel toned. I feel muscles in my quads. I feel more flexible than I have in a long time. I feel less sluggish. I was looking forward to the workouts almost every day. They were fun. I can't really think of any negatives. I'm totally thrilled I did this. I've gone through the Insanity's, Hammer and Chisel, Pump/Combat, X2, X3, but the original P90X is where my heart is and where I've consistently gotten my best results. These workouts took me back to that..


WHAT'S NEXT?

I started this fitness journey with my first P90X workout on May 12, 2008, so my ten year anniversary is coming up this Saturday. In honor of that, I'm going to do a round of P90X starting on May 14th. I haven't done a round of it since 2014. It's a perfect time.

No comments: