Tuesday, April 24, 2018

WEEK OF 04/23/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 12

MONDAY - APRIL 23, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - UBX

The first time I did this, two weeks ago, I felt it was exceedingly tough, almost cruel. Today I just took each move one at a time and did much better. I even pushed myself to do a few more reps or use heavier weights in a few places. I came out OK.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 317; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 143.


TUESDAY - APRIL 24, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Core Synergistics: MC2

Before doing the workout I looked at my post from two weeks ago to see what I'd thought about it. I didn't like it then. After doing it today, I still don't and for the same reasons. Many of these moves depend on balance, which I have very little of, so I was frustrated and just went through the motions. Overall, I was totally disinterested in the workout and didn't bust my butt, even on the moves where I could have. Case in point. I couldn't do the weighted Dreya Rolls last time. I remembered that when the move came up this time. I tried one, couldn't do it, and gave up. Didn't even try another. At some point I may become motivated to try and conquer this workout, but not now.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 228; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 135.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 25, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - V-Sculpt

I like this one. I knew what to expect with the bands this time, so I wrapped them around a door. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. I felt strong on the pullups until I got to the first set of the 21's. Then I lost strength in them. It came back a little a bit later, but there was a noticeable drop off. I used 25 lb weights on most of the weight moves. Started the strip set (Down the Rack) with 30's. Overall, I felt good.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 142.


THURSDAY - APRIL 26, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Yoga: MC2

After last week's debacle with this one, I was determined to do my best and not quit on any of the moves just because I didn't feel like doing them. I succeeded. Some of the moves weren't pretty and some I did come out of early, but only because I was losing my balance, or because I couldn't hold them any longer. This still isn't my favorite yoga routine, but it was a good bounce back from last week.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 134.


FRIDAY - APRIL 27, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - P.A.P.

This is the last resistance workout of the round. I did OK on it. Used 25 lb weights on the lunges and the lat rows. The warm up is excessively long. During the second go through of the "warm" section of it, I did some foam rolling instead of the moves he was doing.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 290; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 144.


SATURDAY - APRIL 28, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Stretch and Recovery

I was looking forward to this one, but I don't think I did as well today as I did two weeks ago. I just wasn't as relaxed for some reason and couldn't get as far into the stretches as I did then.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 135; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY - APRIL 29, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - ARX2

No problem on any of the moves. Did 20 of each. The first move, Double Banana Crunch really gets it going good. I can really feel my abs tightening after that one. I don't know if it's the move itself, or the fact it's the first move, but it feels effective.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 145; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 188.4 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.0% (-0.1%)

Good results. Ate some junk here and there, but I'm really cutting down on it, probably because I'm seeing results.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

In general, I was pleased with the workouts, especially the bounce back on the yoga workout. All that's left is one week of yoga workouts. I'm sad the round is coming to an end, as I'm really enjoying it. As I've said before, I'm feeling good, more toned, and stronger.

No comments: