Monday, April 16, 2018

WEEK OF 04/16/2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 1 - WEEK 11

MONDAY - APRIL 16, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Chest, Back, and Balls

A bit of a disjointed workout. It started out OK. I noticed early on that my rep counts were a slight bit lower than two weeks ago, but I wasn't too concerned about it. I wasn't doing as many reps as Tony, and he was doing a lot of resting between moves, so I ended up getting a few moves ahead of him. Then I started answering some texts (which I never do) while waiting for him to catch up. I finished up OK, but when all was said and done, I might have been able to do a bit better. Still couldn't do one "possible" pushup.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 141.


TUESDAY - APRIL 17, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Plyocide

I did OK. Sounds a bit cliche-ish, but I took the moves one at at time and did what I could. Nothing exceptional, but I was steady.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 387; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 145.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 18, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

A pretty good workout for me. Nothing exceptional, but I did try to up the weights a few times over what I did two weeks ago. I'm done, and my arms are shaking.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories burned: 284; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - APRIL 19, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Yoga: MC2

This is not my favorite Yoga routine, but I look upon it as a challenge to get through it because I don't like it. It started out OK, then with about 40 minutes left I lost interest. I first started going to Child Pose when I couldn't hold a few moves. Then I got to the point where I just sat on the mat for a minute or so because I didn't want to do the moves. Then I came out of moves early and just walked around for a bit. Probably the worst Yoga workout I've had in years, if not ever. There are a lot of days when I don't feel like working out, but I always force myself to give some kind of effort. Today was a let down in that regard. However, I'm human, and not perfect. I'll go at it again tomorrow.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 140; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 124.


FRIDAY - APRIL 20, 2018 - Tony Horton One on One - Base and Back

Well, certainly better than yesterday. As I said last time, this workout is no joke, but I liked my effort. I did 20 reps on each plyo move. Tony did 30 on a lot of them, but he burned himself out. I felt stronger on the pullups than I have in years. At times they almost felt effortless, which I've never really experienced before. I did nowhere near the number he did, but I'm really encouraged with the results.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SATURDAY - APRIL 21, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - Total Body X

The weather is starting to turn nicer, and I think I'm playing golf on Tuesday after 6 months of hibernation, so I'm starting to feel a bit perkier. The workout went better than the last time I did it, so I felt good about that. No breaks today, and no problems with any of the moves, except I don't think I kept my chin above the bar the entire time on the Crunchy Levers. Other than that, muy bueno!

Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SUNDAY - APRIL 22, 2018 - Tony Horton One On One - ARX2

Did 20 reps of each move (except the ball one) with no problems, and 100 speed bikes at the end.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 114; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 130.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 189.0 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.1% (no change)

A bit of a bounce back after last week's big loss, but I kind of expected it. Still ate roughly the same as I have been.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I can't believe I'm 11 weeks into this thing. It's the real deal. P90X is where I see my best results, and the are P90Xish workouts. I'm particularly encouraged my my increase in pullups.

No comments: