Monday, June 25, 2018

WEEK OF 06/25/2018 - P90X - ROUND 11 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - JUNE 25, 2018 - P90X - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

I generally like this workout. I think Phil is a riot. The only part I'm not a big fan of is the pushups. They tire me out real quick, but I do the best I can and try to get better in someway each time. Sometimes that means more reps. Sometimes it means trying to go deeper, even though that always doesn't work. I like the Shoulder and Tricep moves.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 270; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - JUNE 26, 2018 - P90X - Plyometrics

An average Plyo workout, but that's still pretty good. I did a few more reps here and there, but the way the workout is structured and timed it's tough to do a lot more.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 158.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 27, 2018 - Back and Biceps

Today is day 45 of the 90 day round, so I'm halfway through. I was feeling a bit weak going into today's workout, but I pushed myself to at least equal or exceed last week's numbers, which were an improvement over the week before that's numbers. The last two week's I'd attempted to start the Strip Set with 40's and failed. Today I didn't even attempt that, as I was struggling with 30's on some of the moves prior to it. Again, I started with 35's and worked my way down to 20's. Pullups are still a weakness, but I keep trying.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 318; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 157.


THURSDAY - JUNE 28, 2018 - Yoga X

I've actually been looking forward to Yoga X this round. I still think the vinyasa section is wat too long a drawn out, but I really like the second half and the stretches. I've never considered substituting in one of Tony's shorter yoga workouts. I've stated this almost every week, but I'm amazed at some of my flexibility. I'm getting back to where I was six or seven years ago.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 177; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 129.


FRIDAY - JUNE 29, 2018 - P90X - Legs and Back

It went OK. Same weight as usual (25's). Pullups were a little better, but not by much. I think I might try upping the weight on a few of the moves, but I'm already using way more than they are on the video.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SATURDAY - JULY 30, 2019 - P90X - Kenpo X

Not my best Kenpo workout. I wanted to be doing other things so the intensity wasn't there, but I wasn't dogging it either.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 372; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 164.


SUNDAY - JULY 1, 2019 - P90X - Ab Ripper X

Business as usual. No problems. 50 Mason Twists.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 54; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 132.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 187.2 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.6% (+0.1%)

No real concerns. I didn't eat perfectly, but not horribly either,


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Everything went well. I'm noticing I'm getting stuck with the same weights and reps on a few of the workouts, but sometimes it's tough to increase those numbers. I'll keep it in mind though. There has to be some moves I can increase things, even if just a little.

No comments: