Monday, October 15, 2018

WEEK OF 10/15/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - OCTOBER 15, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Ball Sandwich

I'm still not great at the final pushup move because I probably am not doing it right. I also struggle a bit with the moving pushup moves, and my pullups were a bit weak, but other than that I did great on the few remaining moves.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 159; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 143.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 16. 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Butt and Belly

Tony's in a real good mood in this one, so it makes the workout fun. Still, it's sneaky tough. As I've said before the Frog Squats are brutal. 30 of them at a relatively low speed and palming the floor. Ouch! By the time I get to #18 I have to come up and give my legs a small break, then get back into them and come out again a few times more before I get to 30.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 161.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 17, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ONE ONE - On One Leg

This is usually a waste of time for me because I can't balance on one leg long enough for this routine yo be effective. I'm usually tapping my foot on each rep which is kind of defeating the purpose of this routine. Today I thought I'd try something different. My sister has given me a small bosu type stability balancing thing she wasn't using, so I was going to try and keep both feet and that while doing the moves. I figured it would force me to keep balancing in a different way. I tried it for the first few moves and couldn't keep my balance at all, partly because it was harder than I thought and partly because I could barely keep both feet on it, as it wasn't very large, only about a foot in diameter.. I then tried putting my "up" foot on a medicine ball. This worked a bit better because I found I could hover my foot above the ball and if I had to tap, my foot only went to the top of the ball instead of all the way to the floor. It even got to the point where I could go more reps without even tapping the ball at all. I'll try this again in the future. I think I'm also going to try and get a real bosu ball and work with that a bit.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 137; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 138.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 18, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

I got a lot done at work today, and I have the day off tomorrow to play some golf, so I felt a little less stressed than usual going into it. I can;'t say the workout went a lot better than usual, but maybe a bit better. I certainly felt more relaxed, which is the purpose of yoga. I feel good afterwards.

Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 59; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 121.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 19, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 10 Minute Crusher Pack

I did OK. I'm becoming a bit more familiar with each of the routines. om the 20/12 Abs I'm limited to the range of motion on the hanging moves because I'm doing them in a doorway and I can only go so far left and right, and can't extend my legs too far down because I'm so close to the floor. ut I did the best I could and did 6 reps as opposed to his 12. Hopefully I'll be able to do more once I figure out what I'm doing. On the free form Shadow Boxing moves I'm stick to one Kenpo move on each of the five rounds, None of these are super tough moves, but I do work up a sweat. As I've said with a lot of the One On One workouts, they're sneaky tough. I also bought myself a Bosu Ball today and will be trying it out in the next few days. I'm interested to see what I can do with it.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 181; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 20, 2018 -TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Intervals

I've stated before that I don't go all out on this one for some reason. Today I realized that part of that reason is that my balance and footwork isn't very good and I simply can't do the moves as fast as he can. It's something to work on.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 262: Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 150.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 21, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

My hamstrings were a bit tight which made The Monster a little difficult, but otherwise it went OK  As usual, I still have problems with the second set of Banana Boat/

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 64; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 120.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 180.4 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 18.4% (+0.2%)

Still not eating good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK, but I'm stress eating again, big time.

No comments: