Monday, October 29, 2018

WEEK OF 10/29/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - OCTOBER 29, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back and Balls

Start of Month Three and Volume Three. As a whole Volume Three might be tougher than Volumes One and Two. These were the testing grounds for P90X2. This one wasn't as tough as it could have been because most of the ball pushup moves were in Volume Two. There were a lot of pullup moves I couldn't do with my pullup bar, so I went to some standard type pullup moves instead. I did better than usual on those. All told, it was a good workout. One caveat though. I filmed myself doing the Four Ball Pushups and noticed my butt was up in the air, so my form needs to improve on a lot of the moves.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 213; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 141.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 30, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide

This always seems like a bit of a dis-jointed workout in that I'm not sure what is trying to be accomplished. There are some moves that are explosive upwards, but there are others where your feet don't leave the floor. I can't say I hate the workout, but I can't say I love it either. Today I did OK, but not great. I did get winded at times, and I couldn't move as fast as he did at times.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 324; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 148.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 31, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

This was a no frills routine. I looked at my numbers from last time (April) and tried to up my weights in a few areas. I used 40's on the Seated Bicep Curls and got in 8 reps each time. I'm fairly happy with that. I also used 20's on the last two sets on the Crazy 8's, only faltering a bit on the last few reps with the left arm. All in all, a good routine for me today.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 139.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 1, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

A friend of mine is a Power Lifter. A few months ago we were discussing our workouts and I mentioned yoga to her. She said she'd done a bit of it before, but nothing further in years. A few days ago she mentioned on Facebook that she was trying it and loved it, and even gave me credit for turning her back on to it. So, with today's workout, I guess I had a bit of a renewed spirit with it. I remember I hated the particular workout when I's done the One On One's in April. I just remembered there were a lot of strange moves. When going through it today, I realized it really wasn't that bad. There weren't really as many new moves as I had thought, just a lot of familiar moves in different sequences than I was used to. The workout went fairly well. I wasn't fighting it as much as I usually do. I was just taking it one move at a time. Some I still couldn't do, but I wasn't getting too frustrated with that. Thanks Kris!

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 164; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 132.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back

This is one of those workouts where you have to collapse on the floor when you're done and lay there for a few minutes before you can get back up. Tony even does that at the end of this one. For me, the plyo moves are the ones that kill me in this workout. I did 20 reps on each of those. I still struggle with pullups, but I'm noticing I'm better than a year or so ago. My numbers were very close to those from last April, only falling a rep or two short on a few of the moves. Once again, I went a bit faster than he did on the second round because I was doing less reps than he was, and I didn't want to be sitting around waiting for the next move. That would have killed me. Tough workout.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 199; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 3, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X

My body was feeling tired and sore all day. I finally got it done in the early evening. Some moves are tough, some aren't, but thee are only 16 of them, so I didn't have too many problems. The Frog Burpee Squats near the end were cruel, though. I felt much better when I was done.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 157; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 4, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Ab Ripper X 2

I think I did fairly well. The first two moves really had my abs on fire, and I wondered how I was going to get through it, but they calmed down and I was all right.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 119; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 137.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 178.6 (-0,4 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.8% (-0,1)

Nice, but still could be eating better, And the ironic thing is that I want to eat better. I'm just not planning.

THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I knew these workouts were going to be tough, but going through the first two months prepared me for them. I'm doing well.




No comments: