Monday, October 22, 2018

WEEK OF 10/22/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - OCTOBER 22, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Upper Body Balance

I'm very happy with my effort today. I still couldn't do one Impossible Pushup, but I did very well on most of the other moves. The only other one I struggled with was the last bonus move, the Plyo pushups on the ball. I wasn't going real deep on it. I didn't go very deep on most of the pushups, but I was deep enough. I also did very well on the boat moves, keeping my balance on them all.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 218; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 150.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 23, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg For Legs

Not anywhere near good, but maybe a smidge better than usual. I pumped up my new Bosu Ball before the workout, thinking I might be able to use it as an alternate to some of the moves in the workout, but never really saw the chance. However, I did do 25 pushups on it while they were doing their penalty pushups. I then flipped it over and did another 25 pushups. I also did 10 full squats on it, touching my hands to the ball. It wasn't super hard, but I had to go real slow, and I'm sure my core was working.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 159; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 138.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 24, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Back and Belly

The ab moves were fine. The chin-up moves are fine, but I'm still struggling with the pull-ups. I get to the point where I think I can't do another, and I can't do another. I can't fight through it. It's like my arms have no strength in them at that point. Frustrating, because I'm able to do more and more with other exercises. Just not pull-ups.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 141; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 146.

Just a small rant on the Fit Bit I'm using as my Heart Rate Momitor. This thing is great for tracking what you're eating, counting your steps, etc, but I have to think it's way off on how many calories I'm burning during my workouts, especially the strength ones where I'm not moving my feet a lot. When I'm sweating like a pig for 45 minutes and it's telling me I'm burning under 200 calories, something is wrong. The Polar Heart Rate Monitor I used to use had me burning about 10 calories a minute on most workouts, both strength and cardio. This thing is telling me I'm burning 4 a minute.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 25, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

Not much to say. I was a bit more relaxed than usual, so the workout went OK.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 58; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 115.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 26, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 100/30/20

I really like this workout. I started a bit slow with the jump ropes, but didn't fall apart after the fourth round like I usually do. I tried again what I'd attempted to do last time in the Bonus Round, doing 100 jumps and counting my misses, but this time I succeeded. I got in the 100 jumps, but had 15 misses, most near the end. Last time I only got to about 50 before Tony finished.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 161.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 27, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Confusion: Mason's Choice

A good workout. There were a few moves where I consciously knew I was pushing harder than I usually do. Not a big deal ("I'm Kind Of A Big Deal"), but still something.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 307; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 28, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

Good job, but once again the second round of Banana Boats killed me. I'm straining to get up, and the form isn't good for my back.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 74; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 179.0 (-1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.9% (-0,5%)

Lowest I've been in years.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Once again, I'm happy about the weight loss, but once again, I could be eating better. I really like Volume Two's wotkouts and will miss them going into month three.

No comments: