Monday, October 8, 2018

WEEK OF 10/08/18 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 2 - WEEK 6

MONDAY - OCTOBER 8, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Upper Body Balance

Not my favorite workout. I'm not fond of the "ball" pushups nor "boat" moves. However, I gave it my all and pushed myself past my numbers from last time on a lot of the moves. I must say I do like 4 ball pushups a lot. For some reason I can do them with relative ease. I got 25 of them in today. Overall I'm very pleased with my effort.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 177; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 141.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 9, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg For Legs

Just after finishing this one a friend of mine called me. During the conversation he mentioned that his daughter had just received a promotion at work and was feeling a bit overwhelmed because she didn't know everything. He said she got the promotion in the first place because her supervisor knew she fought through things she didn't know or couldn't do and didn't give up. As he was telling me this I was thinking about the workout I just did. I can't balance on one leg to save my life, but I did my best on this workout. I tapped my foot on almost every move and I did less reps than Tony, but I kept going. Even though I failed on almost every rep, I kept going, and that makes me feel good.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 172; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 137.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 10, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Back and Belly

I just like this workout. Simple moves. Good pace. I did my best on the pullups. Just like yesterday, they weren't pretty, but I did my best.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 123; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 133.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 11, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

I wasn't as a relaxed as I should have been. My mind was wandering with work issues and I lost my balance several tines from trying too hard and being rigid.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 65; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 12, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 100/30/20

100 Jump Ropes, 30 Crunches, 20 Pushups. 8 Rounds. I like this routine a lot. I'm always a bit wary of jump ropes but I started out strong (for me), doing 40-50 reps on each of the first 4 rounds. I was watching my numbers from the last time I did this, in March, and I noticed I did the same thing happened then, but then my numbers started to fall off significantly. I was feeling real good and didn't think it would happen again, but it did. My numbers in each round were eerily similar to the ones in March. In the Bonus Round Tony's goal is 100 jumps without a miss. I remembered this took a while, so my thought was to do 100 and count how many misses it took me to get there. That didn't happen. I had about 12 misses by the time I got to 30 jumps. When he was done I was around 40 jumps. I guess I was done. One thing I did accomplish was on the pushups. On the last set he does as many as he can until he burns out. I saw I did 55 last March. Today I did 80, a personal best. I wasn't going real low, but close to as low as he was,

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 147.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 13, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Confusion: Mason's Choice

I really enjoy doing this one, so I usually give a good effort. Today was no exception.

Time: 43 minutes: Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 14, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

I really like this one also. I really reel it in my abs when I'm doing the workout and also afterwards. I still have problems with the Banana Boat, especially in the second round, but do well on all the other moves.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 63; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 119.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 179.2 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 18.2% (no change)

Didn't eat great again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I really, really, really like these workouts. They look like easy throwaway workouts at first glance, but they're extremely effective. Love them. I do need to concentrate on my eating a bit more. I'm losing weight, but what I'm eating could be better.

No comments: