Monday, April 15, 2019

WEEK OF 04/15/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 1

It's been three weeks since I finished P90X2. My body needed a break. The first two weeks off I did nothing. It was nice knowing I could come home and just relax. That was fine for the first ten days. Then I got a little fidgetty and a bit cranky but still felt my body needed to rest a bit. Last week I started the Three Week Yoga retreat just to get some movement again. It was nice, but not enough. I was thinking of doing the last two weeks of that, but that would have meant five weeks of no strength workouts, which I felt was a bit long. So, I decided to get back into the harder stuff. I'll finish the Three Week Yoga Retreat some other time.


MONDAY - APRIL 15, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15

This is a tough way to get back into things. X2 had some push-ups and pull-ups here and there, but nothing like this. I wasn't sure what I was capable of today, but my targets were 30 push-ups and 5 pull-ups. I got them all in. I didn't even come off the pull-up bar until the last two sets, when my arms are just toast. I never got my back involved either, which I should be doing. There were a few times late in the workout that I wasn't going real deep on the push-ups and there were a times I wasn't going all the way down on the pull-ups. I was even "kippimg" a lot on some of the pull-ups, but I did what I could and got them in. On this routine I always go faster than he does, and I finished about 15 minutes ahead of him. About half way through the time I was waiting for him to finish I did a max set of Standard push-ups and did 60. I've done more before, but my arms were giving way. All told, I did 420 push-ups. I feel real good afterwards, but I think I'm going to be sore.

Time: 58 minutes: Calories Burned: 577; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


TUESDAY - APRIL 16, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

Another tough one, maybe tougher than yesterday's. My legs were starting to feel like jello after 6 moves or so, but I kept going, and never hit the pause button. By the time I got to the second last move, the One-Legged jumps, I could barely get my feet off the floor. I'm happy I was able to get through it.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 656; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 17, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

I don't think if lifted heavy weight in a workout in a long time. I looked at my numbers from the last time I did this workout in September 2018 and saw I'd used 40's on the first move, which was Bicep Curls. I didn't think I could handle 40's, so I used 35's on the first round with no problems. I tried the 40's on the repeat without too many problems, which surprised me. I might even try to up it a notch in two weeks, when I do this workout again. I did tire early on the Inclines using 30's., but I did OK on most of the other moves. Overall, I did better than I thought I was going to do, and I might have even been able to use more weight on a few of the moves if I trusted myself.

Time: 46 minutes: Calories Burned: 467; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


THURSDAY - APRIL 18, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth (Yoga)

I'm having the expected first week soreness, especially in my butt. It's tough to even bend over. My arms are sore too, as are my lats a bit. I know from experience that day for Yoga usually will help things. The soreness was really noticeable today when I was bending down to get into the Upward Dog sequence. It got a bit better as things moved along. The only rel problems I had with the poses was in the Warrior 3 / Half Moon sequences, but that's not anything new. Despite the soreness, I'm really liking how I'm feeling this week, especially mentally.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - APRIL 19, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

For some reason I look at this one as an easy one and I don't push myself. I used a relatively light maroon band. This one does move fast and I'm always rushing to get my feet in the right place on the band, so I'm not always concentrating on getting the most out of it. I usually end up withe band too loose, so it's almost more like a cardio workout to me than a resistance workout, which is wrong. I'll try and be more prepared next time, or maybe I should just pause while I get set.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 476; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SATURDAY - APRIL 20, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio 5-6 (Super Cardio)

This went OK. None of the moves are exceedingly hard, but you do work up a sweat. My legs were feeling a bit heavy today. I'm not eating great again.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 390; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SUNDAY - APRIL 21, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

No major problems, but I did struggle a bit with a few of the Ab Ripper X moves, notably the Hip Rock and Raises, Pulse Ups, V-Ups, Crossed Legged Sit-ups and the Oblique V-Ups on the right side. I got them all in, but my speed or range of motion was lacking.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 88; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 173.8 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.6% (-0.1%)

I'm not eating good again. Back to drinking diet soda, Stress.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm feeling like I'm out of synch with a lot of things going in my life, so it's good to be back into a routine on my workouts. I'm feeling like I'm accomplishing something there. However, my eating sucks. I'm totally lost on that. After all these years you'd think I'd have a grip on it, but I don't.

No comments: