Monday, April 29, 2019

WEEK OF 04/29/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - APRIL 29, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15

My numbers were 30 push-ups and 5 pull-ups again. I got them all in, and didn't come off the bar on any of the pull-ups, although there was some kipping going on on the last few sets. I'm thinking I probably should have increased my number to 6 on the pull-ups. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for me. I'm gradually getting better at them, but it's very gradual, and I still struggle with them. Again, I went faster than he did and I finished all six sets as he was finishing his fourth set. I did a max set of push-ups while waiting, and got 65 in. All told, I did 425 push-ups.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned 526; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


TUESDAY - APRIL 30, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

This one is a mother. It doesn't look like a lot on paper or the preview clips, but it might be the toughest workout in the One On One series. My legs are fried. Except for one or two moves, I kept up with Tony's rep count. I didn't touch the floor on the Four Corners move because I was gassed and my balance was bad. I'm sure if I'm going to be sore the next few days because I did this one two weeks ago and might have got that out of my system.

Time: 63 minutes: Calories Burned: 614; Avg Heart Rate: 120.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 1, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

Last of the "Big Three workouts to start the week. I started with 40's on the seated bicep curls. I only did 7, then 6. A bit disappointing, but I was done and didn't want to hurt myself by struggling with bad form to get more. I also struggled with the Incline Bicep Curls. I used 30's and struggled. On the rest of the moves I was OK. On the Forearm Sandwich move I had to stop a few times, but I was using more weight than Tony (I used 15's), so maybe it was too much, but that's what I've used before. I took a shower almost immediately after finishing and had a hard time reaching my head.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 485; Avg Heart Rate: 125.


THURSDAY - MAY 2, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth (Yoga)

Not the best Yoga workout. I wasn't dreading doing it, but was kind of putting it off a bit. My mind was wandering here and there. My form was OK, Not bad, but not great either. Despite all that, I did feel good when I was done, and that's important..

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


FRIDAY - MAY 3, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

Instead of using the kitchen sponges to stand on the bands, I used some light weight shoes I'd bought a few years ago. This worked really well and it also helped my on my push-ups as it gave my feet a better grip on the carpet. I went a little faster than Tony did and finished several moves ahead of him. It's tough to measure things from workout to workout with the bands because your feet might not be in the same place each time, but I think I got in a pretty good workout. I think I might try playing around with bands a bit more.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 456; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - MAY 4, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio (Cardio 5-6)

Not good. My legs were heavy and I just didn't feel like moving fast. I really don't like those Jump, Lunge, Twisty things, so I went as slow as possible, almost like a protest against the move. The rest went OK.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 384; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


SUNDAY - MAY 5, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I did it again without the CD. Not too many problems, but I did feel it.

Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 154; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 175.8 (+1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 16.9% +0.3%)

Not eating well. Again, stress is winning. One of my worst weeks in at least a year.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. I'd be lying if I said they were bad, but I just didn't feel they were great. My focus just wasn't there.

No comments: