Monday, June 3, 2019

WEEK OF 06/03/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - JUNE 3, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Upper Body Balance

I was increasing my reps over last time on most of the push-up moves, but I know I wasn't going too low on most of them. Still, the effort was there. Zero Impossible Push-ups.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 494; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


TUESDAY - JUNE 4, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - On One Leg For Legs

Maybe a bit better in some areas than in the past, but not by much. I did 10 reps on each side on each move. I noticed early on I could have done many more, but I didn't. I guess I didn't see the point because I felt I wouldn't be learning from it, that I'd be just as bad next time. Still, maybe a glimmer of hope.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 369; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 5, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Back and Belly

For some reason I can do more pull-ups on this routine than others, even though it's the same move. Maybe it's because there aren't many pull-up routines in the series, and I'm not as tired? Or maybe I'm just stronger? Who knows? I exceeded my numbers from two weeks ago on a few of the moves and got worse on one. That was the Close Grip "X' Pull-ups. I don't know why, but I was out of gas on those, as Tony says at the end of the workout. The ab moves went OK, but I'm still not a fan of those V-up roll ups. Never have been, but I got them done. A good workout. Short and sweet, and to the point.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


THURSDAY - JUNE 6, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird (Yoga)

My mind was racing with other things at the beginning of the workout. It quieted down after a few minutes and I found myself enjoying the workout a lot more. I wasn't trying to be perfect on my poses. On my Warrior 2 pose I concentrated on getting my lead arm on plane with my front leg, and that seemed to work great. I was even able to hold my Half Moons. So, all in all, I'd consider it a good workout. One thing I need to keep in check, though, is that I'm drinking way too much pop lately. Way to much. It's making me edgy. I'm also not eating great. I've been losing pounds, so I've been getting a little cocky with it, but the reason I'm losing weight is because I'm not eating a lot because I'm a bit depressed and anxious about a few things going on in my life. So, I have to get conscious control of the nutrition.

Time: 36 minutes: Calories Burned: 200; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


FRIDAY - JUNE 7, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 100/30/20

I played golf this morning and twisted my ankle while stepping into a hole while getting into the golf cart. It immediately swelled up inside my shoe, but I finished up. When I got home it was still swollen, but I mowed the lawn, just to get it dome. I was putting off the workout because I wasn't sure what the jump roping would do to my ankle. As it turns out, it was OK. I got in 333 jumps during the eight rounds. In the Bonus Round I see how many misses it takes me to get in 100 jumps. Two weeks ago it was 26 misses. Today it was only nine, and most of those were late. I think iI was a 69 jumps before I had my second miss. During the max push-ups, I did 86, one more than last time.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 422; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


SATURDAY - JUNE 8, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Confusion: Mason's Choice

I like this one so much, it doesn't even seem like a workout to me. It's just fun, but at the same time it is a workout. I did better than two weeks ago. I didn't stop during any of the moves, even though The Egan Brother and Press Jacks are killers near the end of the workout. I'm happy with it today.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


SUNDAY - JUNE 9, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs

The workout went well. I really, really like this workout. Except for the Banana Boats, which I struggle with a bit, none of the other moves are exceptionally hard, but I do feel them in my abs. I'll miss this workout.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 226; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 170.8 (no change)
Body Fat: 15.6% (-0.3%)

Nice drop on the body fat.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This is the end of month two, and volume two of the workouts. I think of the three volumes, this is my favorite. The workouts are a bit shorter and a bit more free form. Hard to explain what I mean there. The workouts went OK this week.

No comments: