Monday, June 10, 2019

WEEK OF 06/10/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - JUNE 10, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back, and Balls

Start of month three, and Volume Three of the One On One's. These workouts are generally longer and a bit tougher in some areas than Volumes One and Two. Today's went OK as I was used to most of the moves. I didn't really have too many problems with the push-ups, except for the "Possible Push-up", where I didn't get any reps in. I kept losing my balance trying to get into it, then realized I was so exhausted and disoriented that I'd hurt myself by trying further. I also didn't go too low on the Three Ball Military Push-up, but I did get some reps in. I also did OK on the pull-ups. Not big numbers, but OK for me.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 531; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


TUESDAY - JUNE 11, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide

I must admit it was a pretty lame effort today. I ate a bit heavy at lunch today for the first time in weeks, and I felt a bit sluggish at the start. I sat though the jump rope warm up, didn't really do any deep stretches, then carried that through to the workout. On a scale of 1 to 10, my effort was a 3 or a 4. One of those days,but I can learn from it a bit.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 456; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 12, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

Old school weights. I used 40's on the Seated Bicep Curls. I did eight reps each time, and put the weights down a few times during the sets. I used 50 on the Stability Ball Overhead Tricep Extensions. No problems with that. I used 20's on all three sets of the Crazy 8's. Those got heavy real fast. I was considering going down to 15's on the last set, but decided to gut it out with the20's, and finished up without losing too much form. I feel pumped afterwards.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 584; Avg Heart Rate: 123.


THURSDAY - JUNE 13, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- Yoga: MC2

Too long. Too many moves are repeated. I lose interest quickly with this one. I actually sat through a few moves in the second half, just because I didn't feel like doing them I'll have better days with this routine. Today wasn't a good one/

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 440; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


FRIDAY - JUNE 14, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back

I went faster than Tony did because I wanted to get this done. I finished all 20 moves when he was just finishing up number eleven. I then laid on the floor until he got to the cool down. I realize he was doing a lot more pull-ups than I was, and was doing a few more plyo reps than I was, so I'm not comparing myself to him. I was just taking shorter breaks and was moving to the next move when I was recovered. I did OK for me on the pull-ups and did 20 reps on each of the plyo moves. I'm certainly better at pull-ups than I was a few years ago, but still have a ways to go before I'm where I want to be.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 419; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - JUNE 15, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X

I'm not a fan of Total Body workouts. This was one of Tony's Upper/Cardio/Middle/Lower workouts. There were a few tough moves, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm even getting better at the Lever pullups. I worked up a good sweat.

Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 351; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SUNDAY - JUNE 16, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

I was weak on a few of the moves, notably the Corkscrew Crunches, but overall it went well.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 298; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 171.2 (+0.4)
Body Fat: 15.9% (+0.3%)

Not eating well.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The Volume Three workouts aren't my favorites, but I got through them OK because I'm finding myself in pretty good shape. Mentally, my mind is still elsewhere, and I'm not eating well at all. I'm under eating at times, and what I'm eating isn't good. I just have to work through the other stuff.

No comments: