Monday, June 17, 2019

WEEK OF 06/17/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - JUNE 17, 2018 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - UBX

This is not an easy workout, but I did pretty good on it today, even if I say so myself. My form probably could have been better on a few of the moves, but that would be nit picking. One modification I made was on the last move, the Overhead Tricep Extensions using a band attached to the pullup bar. I never felt safe with this move, always feeling the band would snap, or the pullup bar would come apart and hit me in the back, so I didn't go full blast with it. Today, I simply wrapped the bands around the bar and pushed down on the bands. It's still working the triceps, and I think I got more out of it.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 586; Avg Heart Rate: 122.


TUESDAY - JUNE 18, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Synergistics: MC2

I've said before that this isn't my favorite workout. I tied to shut that off and just concentrate on one move at a time. It worked a bit. I still have problems doing the one-legged moves, but I tried my best. My main accomplishment, however, was doing twelve Dreya Rolls with an 8 lb Med Ball. The last three times I did this workout I got zero in. I got it done.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 559; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 19, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - V-Sculpt

It went pretty well. I used the same weights I've used the last few times I did this workout, and my pull-up numbers were almost identical to last few times also. Maybe looking at those numbers put a ceiling in my brain, but I was mostly losing my grip as opposed to tiring out. I might try more weight here and there the next time. I really like the band moves. Overall, it was a good workout.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 560; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


THURSDAY - JUNE 20, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

As I think I've said every time I do this one, I don't like it. Today I just decided to do it one move at a time and maybe I'd enjoy it more. That only worked for so long. After a while, I found myself pacing around the mat a few times because I just didn't feel like doing it. Not much more I can say.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 447; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


FRIDAY - JUNE 21, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - P.A.P.

I'm sort of mixed on this one. I don't mind the actual P.A.P. workout with the complexes, but it's only 40 minutes of a 70 minute total workout. He spends 20 minutes on a warm-up. Part of that he calls a "heated" warm-up where you do 6 or 7 various push-up and cardio moves, the repeat them. I only did them once. I didn't want to wear myself out before the real workout began. I did OK there. I used 25's on the lunges and the push-up rows. I did two sets of plyo push-up from my knees, then did the last two sets from my feet, even though they were slow and ugly. I held the Side Planks longer than I usually do, several times going the full 30 seconds. I also did well on the 4 Ball Chaturangs Planks. I like those for some reason. The cool down was similar to the Neuro Integrated Stretching he does in X2. I'm not really a fan of it, but I don't hate it either. Overall it was an OK workout.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 559: Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - JUNE 22, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Stretch and Recovery

I always look forward to Stretch workouts, and this one might be my favorite. I wasn't very flexible today, but I still enjoyed it. I sprained my outer right ankle about two weeks ago and was feeling it a bit. I hadn't really noticed how many of these stretches it came into play. It wasn't a major problem, though.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 361; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY - JUNE 23, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

Nothing exceptional. I did 20 reps on all the moves, except for the Scissor Clappers, which I did 40. I just like that move. I've always done 20 reps with this workout. Maybe next time I bump it up to 24.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 171.2 (no change)
Body Fat: 16.0% (+0.1%)

Stress eating. Not well.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK, more so during the first half of the week. A lot on my mind with work and other things. This always leads to poor eating choices.

No comments: