Monday, June 24, 2019

WEEK OF 06/24/19 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE- ROUND 3 - WEEK 11

MONDAY - JUNE 24, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back, and Balls

I got a real late start on this ine because I had to attend a retirement get together for a co-worker. I really wasn't looking forward to doing it after a long day, but knew I had to get it done. I went quicker than he did, because I wanted to get it over with, and I also did a few reps more than I did last time, because my friend Kristin has motivated me to do more. The "Kristin Rule" is to do more reps or increase my weight on at least one move from the previous time I did that particular workout. I'd had it in the back of my mind before, and used it before many, many as motivation, but now it is officially in effect.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 557; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


TUESDAY - JUNE 25, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide

I'm a bit indifferent on this one. There are a lot of one-legged moves I can barely do, so I don't get a lot out of them. Some of the others I just tolerate. But I did what I could where I could. Admittedly, not always max effort on all the moves, but there were some I did well on. One moves that's always bothered me over the years is the Depth Charges. I always felt tentative on the stool I'd been using, so today, I used my workout bench, which is a little sturdier, but had more cushion, so I still didn't feel same. However, the big fear is that I'm going to land incorrectly and sprain or break an already weak and tweaky ankle. I normally do 12 reps on that move. Today I did 6, then stopped. I think I'm going to find an alternative for that move in the future.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned 566; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 26, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

This is a good workout. My arms are really feeling pumped afterwards. I was trying to see where I could use my "Kristen Rule" to increase my reps or weight on a move and didn't initially see one. I thought I'd maxed myself out when I last did this two weeks ago. I then realized the purpose of the rule in the first place was to get a little better somewhere, so even though I was struggling to do 12 reps of 25's on the first two sets of the Arnold Presses, I decided to use 30's instead of 25's on the final set. I did two less reps and put the weights down mid set, so I was really struggling with the increase. I then decided to do 12 reps instead of 10 reps on the Six Direction Shoulder Flys, and that worked OK. I used 40's again on the Seated Bicep Curls. I got eight reps in each time, but there were a few times I had to set the weights down for a few seconds because my form was going bad while trying to muscle up the weight in my left hand. The right seemed OK.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 618; Avg Heart Rate: 128.


THURSDAY - JUNE 27, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

Long day at work. I put this off till about 8:30. My balance was bad, so I was getting frustrated a bit. I guess the best way to put it is that I endured the 66 minutes.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 474; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


FRIDAY - JUNE 28, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back

Kind of an emotional day today, as a co-worker for 20 years retired today. I took the day off today to play golf (I said my good byes yesterday), so I didn't get to see her off, but knowing she won't be there on Monday to talk with is a bit of a bummer. She was the only one in the office I could talk to about things, and I'll really miss that. I got the workout started late, again. Once I get to around week 11 in these 13 week programs I start to wear out a bit. I'm not as ready to jump in and get the workout done. I'm more apt to delay it as long as possible. As with a lot of workouts, I went faster than he did and finished about five moves ahead of him. I laid on the floor a bit while he finished up, then followed him through the cool down, which was somewhat tough in itself, because I was so exhausted. A tough workout, but I did OK. My increase was doing 24 Jump Knee Tucks instead of the 20 I did last time..

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 447; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SATURDAY - JUNE 29, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X

Not a lot of tough moves, but I did increase my reps on a lot of them. I was a bit ahead of him at the time, so I decided to try and do 20 Frog Burpee Squats instead of the 16 I did last time. These things kill me, especially near the end of a workout. I got the 20 in, but they were weak on the last few reps. I could barely get my legs off the ground. I then watched Tony do them on the video, and I think he only did eleven. I was happy with myself, not only because of that move, but because of the overall increases. .

Tome: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 370; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SUNDAY - JUNE 30, 2019 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

It went OK. I did a few more reps on a few of the moves, including 110 Bicycles.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 270; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 171.2 (no change)
Body Fat: 16.0% (no change)

Still not eating great.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. I'm stressed out with other things, so there's no doubt the workouts help with that, even though thinking about having to do the workouts each night adds to the stress. This is how I think.

No comments: