Monday, September 16, 2019

WEEK OF 09/16/19 - P90X3 - ROUND 7 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 16, 2019 - P90X3 - Eccentric Upper

I violated my Kristin Rule today. I didn't increase any reps or any weight from last time. The only difference was that I did one less pull-up on one of the moves. Still a good workout, but I should have looked at my sheets from last week and increase something. I think there might have beem room for it somewhere.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 281; Avg Heart Rate: 125.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 - P90X3 - Triometrics

A pretty good effort today, certainly better than usual. There are still a couple moves I can't do (balancing on one leg), but I modified the best I could. There are also some moves that kill me, like the Frog Squats and Squat Jacks. I missed a few reps on those because my quads are burning, and it seems to happen at the same time, every time I do this workout. I had the room a bit cooler than usual, so that made me feel a little more refreshed than usual.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 249;  Avg Heart Rate: 114.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2019 - P90X3 - Incinerator

One thing I like about this workout is that I can control what I'm doing on each exercise. It's not like Triometrics where I physically can't do a lot of the moves. Here, I can pick the weight I want to use for those 10 reps. It's measureable. Today I kept my Kristin Rule in mind. I was using a fresh workout sheet, so I didn't see what I'd done last week, but I had an idea. I used the Rule on the Popeye Curls where I know I used 25's last week, so I used 30's today. After the workout I looked at my numbers from last week and saw I used more weight on a lot of the moves without really knowing it. On one move I knew my rep count was down, but I saw I used more weight, so that was good. I increased the weight on both Rows moves from 45's to 50's and did the same on the "A" Presses. Pull-ups were the same as last week. There was only one move where I did less reps, and that wasn't by a lot. It was because the time ran out. Overall, a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 259; Avg Heart Rate: 128.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 19, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I recorded some of the moves again. My form isn't really great in the Warrior One and Two poses, and my balance is bad on a lot of the other ones. The balance thing is what is is. The poses I can work on.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 200; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 - P90X3 - Eccentric Lower

This went OK. Not much to say.

Time: 30 Minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 21, 2019 - P90X3 - MMX

I'm tired, both physically and mentally. I took a bunch of naps today, and got the workout in around 8 pm. I wasn't looking forward to the sprawls, but I got them in. Not my best effort, but I wasn't just going through the motions either.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 264; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 22, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Maybe a bit better than usual. Not sure where, but I felt better when doing it.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 102; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 168.8 (-1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.6%: (-0.1 %)

I'm still bouncing back and forth each week. I don't think there is any noticeable difference in my eating, which is still not good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Mixed feelings. Some of the workouts I'm not a fan of, but others I killed, like Incinerator. I'm still sore every day. I'm still drinking too much pop, and am not eating great, so I'm not fooling myself.

No comments: