Monday, September 23, 2019

WEEK OF 09/23/19 - P90X3 - ROUND 7 - WEEK 8

MOMDAY - SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 - P90X3 - Isometrix

A tale of two worlds. I held all the plank moves (except for the last one) for 45 seconds. On the standing moves I was tapping my raised foot every two seconds. I thought I'd figured something out early on, by shifting the weight on my left foot to the outer edge of it, but I couldn't repeat it later. The only plank move I didn't hold was the Bound Raised Leg pose. I couldn't get my foot off the ground on the first one. On the second one I put my hand on the mat near my ankle instead of on it, and I was able to raise my leg a bit. The good thing is that despite the frustration, I kept trying to find my balance instead of just giving up.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 200; Avg Heart Rate: 120.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 24, 2019 - P90X3 - Accelerator

This one is just relentless. None of the moves are super hard on their own, but there are some that take a lot out of you, even though you think they shouldn't, and they're one after another. There are only a few moves that let you catch your breath. The thing that always gets me is doing a move that goes on forever, Tony saying "we're only halfway through" with it, and Tracy saying "oh my god". That happens a few times.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 224; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 25, 2019 - P90X3 - Dynamix

I always feel I should like this one more than I do. It's one of the more mellow workouts, which I usually like, but I don't always enjoy it. There's a sequence of moves early on, where you're doing Groiners and moving Pigeons that I really don't like. But it has it's purpose. Today, I was feeling out of control on a few of the moves, like the Front to Back Lunges. I felt like I was going too fast and I was stumbling all over the place. More than usual.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 202; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 26, 2019 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I think I did better than usual on this one today. I was concentrating on my breathing when I remembered, which was most of the time. My flexibility was better than usual, and I even did most of the Side Plank moves in side plank, but not the Clam Killers. Overall, I was happy with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 151; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 27, 2019 - P90X3 - Decelerator

This is one of the workout in X3 that I just don't like, probably because I can't do a lot of the moves. He says at the beginning it's to build your stabilizer muscles so you can land easier, but I don't see it. I got through it, but didn't try too hard on a lot of the moves I couldn't do. I didn't even really try to modify. Poor, poor effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 28, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I didn't have anything pressing today, so I chose to just relax and try and de-stress. I didn't get to the workout until just before 8 pm. This is one of those workouts I don't really have to mentally prepare for. I just get it done. Today, it was one of the worst yoga workouts I've done in a long time. I got into Airplane near the beginning of the workout and almost immediately had to come out of it because me leg was too sore to hold it. Same thing on the other side, and then on most of the following vinyasa moves. I wasn't mad or anything, just surprised a bit. I realized it was just a bad day and did what I could without beating myself up.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 178; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 29, 2019 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.8 (+1,0 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.8% (+0.2%)

Yo-yo ing again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I like to give the body a rest here and there, but sometimes it's too much.

No comments: