Monday, June 8, 2020

WEEK OF 06/08/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 13

MONDAY - JUNE 8, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt Circuit 1-2

Last week of the round. This one and Sculpt 3-4 can be tough if you push yourself, which I have been. I used the same weights I did before. I'd added three pull-up moves into the circuit before. Today I decided to skip them during the circuit, then felt guilty when I was done, so I did the three moves at the end. Turns out my arms were fried, so I wasn't able to do too many, but at least I tried. Heart Rate monitor wasn't working.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.


TUESDAY - JUNE 9, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat Cardio 1-2

I like this one. I didn't kill myself, but did keep pace with them

Time:41 minutes: Calories Burned: 345; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 10, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt Circuit 3-4

This workout is probably the toughest one in the entire round, and I've been dreading doing it again for weeks. However, I got home and got it done. I even included the four pull-up sets I added into the circuit. As with the Sculpt 1-2 I did two days ago, the pull-ups were pretty much worthless. I'm out of practice with them, and I was really tired when trying them today. With one exception, I used the same weights on the moves that I'd used six weeks ago. I used 30's on the Bicep Curls, then saw I'd been using 35's the last few times. The only move I really struggled with was the Out Bicep Curls. Other than that it was tiring. I did rake a lot of mini breaks, bot overall I'm pleased with the effort. I certainly just didn't go through the motions.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 378; Avg Heart Rate: 127.


THURSDAY - JUNE 11, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat Cardio 3-4 + Ab Ripper 200

I really like this one, even more than Sweat 1-2. The workout went well. As I've said before, Ab Ripper 200 is the perfect ab workout for me. I like the moves and pace, and 20 reps each seems about right. I feel it, too.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 381; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


FRIDAY - JUNE 12, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt 5-6

I played golf again this morning. My body is tired, a bit stiff, and sore. Even though I didn't remember it being as difficult as Sculpt 3-4, I wasn't looking forward to it. I finally started id mid-evening and got it done. I didn't take any breaks until the mid-point, then took a few after that. My weights and reps were the same as last time, except forone of the bicep moves where I dropped from 30's to 25's just because I thought I'd be struggling with the 30's because I was really tired. This is the last strength workout of the round, and I'm glad, because my body really needs a break.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 415; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


SATURDAY - JUNE 13 - 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat 5-6

Final workout of the round. This was light cardio for about 20 minutes, with the rest being warm up and stretch moves. A good way to finish for me,

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 292; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


SUNDAY - JUNE 14, 2020 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 165.2 (-0,8 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.7% (+0.1%)

This is the lowest weight I've been since I started all this in 2008. I feel pretty good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was dreading the resistance (Sculpt) workouts this week because my body is beat up, but I got through them. The Sweat workouts were fun. I'm trying to cut down on the amount o pop I'm drinking because I know it's affecting my mood. I had been drinking close to three bottles a day. This week I only had two bottles for the entire week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE ROUND

Numbers wise, I lost about 4 lbs and .7% body fat. Those don't look like big numbers, but I feel more toned. I wanted to try Power 90 because I'd been using advanced workouts and my body had been feeling beat up. I'd heard it was a good program and I'd seen people get good results with it. I thought it would be a good way to maintain things over the 90 days. It turns out it was more than that. It could be used as a starter program if you wanted it to be, but I decided to push myself and the Sculpt workouts were tough. I'm not sure they were P90X tough, but they were up there. I was a bit disappointed in the Master Series workouts. Some of them seemed easier than the 1-2 and 3-4 workouts. The Power Half Hour workouts seemed to be the easiest by far (except for Arm Toner which was tough), but I did get sore using them. Using Ho' Ala Ke Kino on Sundays was a good way to end the week. Overall, this was a bit tougher than I thought it would be. I would highly recommend Power 90 to anyone. I'm happy I did it and might do it again in the near future.


No comments: