Monday, November 9, 2020

WEEK OF 11/09/2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 9, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Push

I've taken three weeks off. My body is still sore and I wasn't really ready to jump back into things, but I thought I'd try it out. The Beta Group is in Week 7 of the program, so I'm jumping in where they are.This one is Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. Most of the moves were variations of moves I'd done before, so I really wasn't out of place. I used 15's on most of the moves, then used 10's on a few of the moves where your arms were stretched out in front of you. It seemed to go well. There are "streaming" workouts through YouTube, so I had to use my Roku to get them on my TV. Everything was going OK until it started buffering with about 9 minutes to go. I had to restart my internet, then reload the workout. It worked, but I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem. I like my DVD's. All in all, it was a good start. 

Start Time: 6:50 pm: Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 488; Avg Heart Rate: 125.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 10, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Blood and Breath

This was a cardio / core routine. 10 moves done three times each. I was a bit surprised by the easiness of the moves. A few were a bit tough, but I've done tougher. I need to work on getting a few of them down, so I wasn't doing full out, but in most cases I was doing the harder versions. I used my Xero Shoes instead of doing it in my bare feet, and I found my balance was a lot better. I also wasn't sliding on the carpet as much. This might get a bit harder once I know what I'm doing and can go all out. 

Start Time:7:25 pm; Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 550; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 11, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Primal Flow

This didn't start well. The video wouldn't play through to the TV. I don't like streaming stuff for this very reason. It's why I prefer DVD's. After a while it said it was a YouTube problem and not my equipment. After about 45 minutes I was able to get started. I was apprehensive about this workout because there were a lot of mixed reactions on the Facebook Group. Some of those people had posted videos of themselves doing some of the moves and they looked strange. It really wasn't as bad as I thought, but my lack of flexibility really hindered me going full range of motion on a lot of them. I couldn't get my foot to the front on the Step Through move. I used the Xero Shoes again because I was slipping in bare feet at the beginning. I was having a bit of a problem with them though because the soles were grabbing the carpet too much when I was trying to make some movements. I guess it just takes a while to get used to them. I still like them a lot though.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 397; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 12, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Drop, Pulse and Hold

This is a leg workout. 15 Drops (Squats or Lunges), 10 Pulses, 10 count hold in down position. 10 moves, then repeat. Some are right  leg, then left leg. I couldn't go too low on a lot of the moves, but overall I think I did better than I thought I would have. Nothing really hard, but it's going to wear on you, I think I'm going to be really sore in a few days. 

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 619; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 13, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Who's Got Your Back

I was feeling really weak going into it, and wasn't looking forward to lifting heavy weights on things like Lawnmowers and Heavy Pants. I ended up using 40's on both, but didn't have good form on the Heavy Pants. I wasn't sure what to expect on the pullups. I started out at about six reps per set, but tired quickly and think I only did three on the last set. Overall, it was a well designed workout. I just didn't do too well today.

Start Time:8:30 pm: Workout Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 473; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 14, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Power and Strength Yoga

Again, I was feeling weak, particularly in my legs, which I'm sure was a carryover from two days ago. I took more than enough breaks because of that. I really liked the structure of the workout. Straight to the point, with all moves I'd done many times before. Plus there was a bit of mat work at then end, which I liked.

Start Time: 6:55 pm  Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 481; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 15, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Core Warrior 2

The moves weren't too bad. I'll just have to get them down, as there were a few I didn't see what sequences they were doing things. 

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 164: avg Heart Rate: 112.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.2 (+0,4 lbs)
Body Fat" 12.7% (-0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I really wasn't ready to get back into things, but it had been three weeks rest, and I didn't want too much of this program going by without me giving it a shot. This week went OK. I'm not sure how I feel about the workouts, as it's only the first time I've done them.

No comments: