Monday, November 30, 2020

WEEK OF 11/30/2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Triple Trouble Challenge

Three sets of the same kind of pushups with about a one minute break in between each set. Then the same thing with pullups. Four rounds. I thought I was going to have a lot of trouble with this one, especially on the pullups, because I tire quickly with them. I picked 30 pushups on each set, and 5 pullups. I did them all. I never came off the bar on the pullups which surprised me. Granted, I wasn't doing a lot, but it was good for me and my track record with pullups. I did my sets when Sean was going his, and rested when Bobby was doing his. The pace was perfect, and I had no desire to go faster than they did. A good workout, and I really enjoyed it.

Start Time: 7:20 pm: Workout Timre: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 361; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


TUESDAY -DECEMBER 1, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

I think this is a well designed workout. If you use the right weight and more importantly go deep, you'll really strengthen your legs. I used 20's on most of the moves, but I'll admit I didn't go too deep, partially because my balance is bad. I was getting a little frustrated at the end because I just wanted to finish the workout, and he doing a little un-necessary babbling.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 533; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - SBT

Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, but it's not a circuit. You do all the Shoulder moves, then all the Bicep moves, then all the Tricep moves. It went OK, but on the Bicep moves, I kept things light, using 20's, because I felt I'd tire easily if I went higher. I think it was a wise decision. I might be able to go up a bit once I get used to the routine. I also used 20's on most of the Shoulder moves.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 275; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 3, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Primal Flow

I'm kind of getting used to the pattern of the workout, and also some of the moves. I'm still not good at a lot of them, but at least I'm figuring out where to move my body into the right position. Heart Rate monitor isn't always working. Can't keep it wet enough.

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 255?; Avg Heart Rate: 107?.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 4, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Arms and Abs

I like this one. I went at it pretty good, increasing the weights in a few places. I'm starting to feel a bit more toned in the upper arm / shoulder area.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 247?; Avg Heart Rate: 106?.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 5, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Yoga Flow

I think this is the last of the month one workouts that I hadn't done yet. I knew it was about an hour and a half, and I'd read that it went slow because there was a lot of instructing involved, so I was a bit leery going into it. I ended up really, really liking it. There were a few poses held for a longer than usual time because of the conversation, so I just went to Child Pose for a while. Otherwise, it was great. I felt very relaxed afterwards. I can't remember the last time I felt like that, but I guess that's what yoga is supposed to feel like. A+.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 85 minutes; Calories Burned: 642; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 6, 2020 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Core Warrior 2

I'm getting better at a lot of the moves. I just can't do the ones with multiple taps as fast as they can, but I did get all 20 reps in.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.2 (+2.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.7% (+0.3%)

I'm not too concerned with the weight gain. I'm not eating as much as I should be.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I got through the workouts OK. I'm feeling better and stronger. This thing is working, sneakily.

No comments: