Monday, January 18, 2021

WEEK OF 01/18/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - INTERIM WORKOUTS - WEEK 3

MONDAY - JANUARY 18, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Flash Card Cardio

I made a concerted effort to push myself a bit and go harder. I'm having a real hard time getting off the floor lately, so I tried to do that as much as I could. I did better than the last few times, simply because I tried harder, but I still had troubles. My lower legs and feet have been swelling a bit, so my legs are heavier. I have very little spring in my ankles, so getting up had to come from my knees. It was tough, but as I said, it was better.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 438; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 19, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I really pushed myself on this one. I increased the weights on both a bit early on to what I'd done on the just the second sets last week. I also increased my reps from 10 to 12 on almost all sets. A good workout.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 513; Avg Heart Rate: 120.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 20, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Plyo 30/15

My worst workout in a long time. I don't like like. To say I half assed it would have been giving myself too much credit. I pretty much went through the motions. I tried a bit harder on about three moves near the end, just so it wasn't a total waste. The format also frustrated me. It was 30 seconds of go easy, then 15 seconds of go harder, then about 90 seconds of Tony explaining the next move, then another 30 seconds of the cast members asking what they should be doing. It really broke the flow. I found myself yelling "Come On" to the screen.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 334; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 21, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Don't Skip Yoga!

Probably my best yoga workout in a while. I was concentrating on balancing on the outer edge of my feet at the beginning of the workout. It worked for a while, but eventually I lost concentration on that. 

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 74 minutes; Calories Burned: 575; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 22, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Chest and Back Round Robin

Pushups were 1) Regular on Power Stands (30 reps) 2) on Balls (25 reps), 3) Decline with my hands on a Bosu Ball (20 reps). Pullups were 1) Regular Unassisted (6 reps); 2) Pull Up Assist (12 reps), 3) Pull Downs with a Band (15 reps). It can be a tough workout, but I handled it OK.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 65 minutes; Calories Burned: 506; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 22, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Arms and Abs


This was once again a "choice" workout, but I've been choosing this one because I like it, I can see results, and it's not excessively long. I got started really late, but got it done, and did a good job. I increased the weights and/or reps on a few of the moves. Early on, the weight felt really heavy, especially on the Hammer Curls. Not sure why. My arms just might be tired as it's the second time this week working arms.

Start Time: 9:05 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 452; Avg Heart Rate: 117.  


SUNDAY - JANUARY 23, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Crunch Town

I started late because I was watching football. The workout went OK. I like doing crunches. I stayed mostly on my back. The moves where you have to roll up into a boat position hurt my lower back, so I didn't do that unless necessary.

Start Time: 10:15 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 138; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN 

Weight: 158.6 (+0,2 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.9% (+0.4%)

There's probably a reason for the big jump in body fat %, but I can't think of it off hand. If might be an aberration, where it'll come back down next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Once again, I like the workouts, especially working my arms twice during the week. I'm feeling toned and looking a bit that way too. I'm liking the program a lot and am getting better results than I thought I would.



No comments: