Tuesday, January 26, 2021

WEEK OF 01/25/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - INTERIM WORKOUTS - WEEK 4

MONDAY - JANUARY 25, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Don't Skip Yoga 

It wasn't bad, but not great, either. One thing I'm noticing is that I'm coming out of a lot of moves early, and either going to Child Pose, sitting down on the couch briefly, or just walking around for a few seconds. Seems like I just don't have the patience to fight through things. I almost always used to fight through. Something to concentrate on in the future.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 73 minutes; Calories Burned: 567; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 26, 2021 - POWER NATION EXTRA WORKOUTS - Something New

This was another Choose Your Workout day. I'd never done this one before, but heard about it. It's a short one. Some yoga, 9 plyo moves, then some stretching. I actually tried on most of the plyo moves, which is rare for me lately. The stretches were great at the end. I liked it.

Start Time: 6:05 pm; Workout Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 27, 2021 - P90X+ - Kenpo Cardio +

I was looking forward to Flash Card Cardio today, but The Power Nation videos weren't working. I pulled put this one, which has always been one of my favorites. I hadn't done it since April of 2017. It didn't go too well. My legs and feet are getting very heavy, so it was hard to move around quickly. It let me know old age is sinking in slowly but surely. I'll keep trying to get things back. As I was doing the workout I realized I could have done tomorrow's workout, Shoulders and Arms Recharge off the workout sheets. I was already about 10 minutes in to this one, so I just kept going, but quite honestly, I missed the Power Nation vibe.

Start Time: 8:25 pm;  Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 323; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 28, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

This is one of my favorite workouts, but I was dreading it for the last few days. I'm a bit sore and tired. I knew I pushed myself hard last time and I didn't want to take a step back, but I was thinking of scaling the weights back a bit. I didn't end up doing that. I actually increased a few things here and there. However, some of the reps were ugly. I'm thinking they might have been last week also, but it's something to improve on.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 461; Avh Heart Rate: 119.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 29, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Don't Skip Yoga

I was pretty relaxed throughout. I went my knees a few times and got up to get something to drink once, but other than that I stayed with it. There are still a few sequences I'm not good at yet, but I did the best I could.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 74 minutes; Calories Burned: 585; Avg Heart Rate: 110. 


SATURDAY - JANUARY 30, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Crunch Town

This is the last workout for me this round. He has something scheduled tomorrow, but I'm taking the day off because we start Beta 2 on Monday. Today went OK. I got all the reps in, and as the last few times I've done this routine, I didn't come up into boat until the last move. I can still feel it a bit in my abs.

Start Time: 8L50 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Nurned: 131; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 31, 2021 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 154.8 (-2.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.4% (-0.5%)

A bounce back on the body fat, as I thought might happen.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was a "recovery week". There were still a few tough workouts, bot overall it went well. I needed a few less resistance workouts to let my body heal a bit.


THOUGHTS FOR THR ROUND 

It was a bit dis-jointed as I missed the first six weeks, but then added four weeks of the Interim Workouts. Overall, I was very happy with things. The workouts didn't seem overly tough at first appearance, but I got really good results. The fact that I got sore and got those results leads me to believe they were tougher than I thought, or I'm just getting better at adapting to them. I wasn't overly impressed with the cardio routines. My bad feet and legs just make them difficult for me.

No comments: