Monday, January 4, 2021

WEEK OF 01/04/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - INTERIM WORKOTS - WEEK 1

MONDAY - JANUARY 4, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Flash Card Cardio

These are six extra workouts we'll do for a month, while waiting for the Beta 2 workouts. Todays was 30 moves, 20 seconds each, drawn at random, then repeated. None were exceptionally hard, but I dogged it. I didn't go deep or fast. My coordination was off as usual, and I just didn't feel like killing myself. They were done on a different video platform that I couldn't stream to my TV, so I had to watch them on my tablet, which was a much smaller screen.  I was not happy about it, but made do.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 5, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

Old school Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps. My comforts are normally 25's on Shoulder Presses and Biceps, but I went to 30's on a few sets and even 35's on one set of the Bicep Curls. Really no problems,

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 485; Avg Heart Rate: 120.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 6, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Plyo 30/15

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would. I was thinking it would be 30 easier reps, then 15 harder reps, but it turned out to be seconds instead of reps. I'll admit I didn't go too low. I never commit for some reason. I also have problems with a lot of the moves because of bad ankles and feet. It's hard for me to place my foot solidly on the floor without my ankles twisting in or out. But my attitude was pretty good and I did OK. 

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 383; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 7, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Don't Skip The Yoga!

Very similar to Power and Strength, even some of the wording he used. I got through it OK. My balance was OK at the beginning, then got a bit worse. I really tired on the Single, Double, Triple vinyasa section. Overall, it was a middle of the road yoga session for me.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 73 minutes; Calories Burned: 448; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 8, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Chest and Back Round Robin

When I looked at the worksheets with the list of the moves, I figured it was going to be a regular pushup / pullup routine, which was OK with me. Then I read a few reviews from some people that had done it earlier in the day, and it looked like it was going to be interesting. You would do one exercise in three different ways. On pushups, I did a cycle of Regular on Power Stands (30 reps), on Medicine Balls (25 reps), then Declines (20 reps). On the pullups I did cycles of Regular Unassisted (6 reps), then used the Pullup Assist (12 reps), then pulled down with Resistance Bands (15 reps). On the video they used a weighted back move instead of the pullup assist, but I hadn't used it much, so thought I'd give it a try. On the Decline Pushups, I put my hands on an upside down Bosu Ball for the last two, giving myself an even different alternative. I wasn't feeling too good going into the workout, so my overall experience was tempered a bit, but overall I liked the concept, and I'm looking forward to trying it again, maybe using weights instead of the pullup assist.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 65 minutes; Calories Burned: 503; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SAYURDAY - JANUARY 9, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 1 - Arms and Abs

Today was a pick your favorite workout or a workout you struggle with the most day. They have Arms and Abs as an option for tomorrow. I do abs tomorrow, and I do like this one, so I did it today. The video has been been removed from the site for some reason, so I did it off the worksheet. I didn't do much of a warm up or cool down, so I'm guessing the actual workout time was close to the video version. I pretty much used the same weights as last time. One of the moves (Elbow Tricep Kickbacks) I'd forgotten, so I guessed. I increased my reps on a few moves, but not by much. My heart rate monitor is starting to such again. I can't keep the strap wet enough to conduct.

Start Time:8:15 pm: Workout Time: 41 minutes: Calories Burned: 320 (guess); Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 10, 2021 - POWER NATION INTERIM WORKOUTS - Crunchtown

Some interesting twists on the moves. Noting too hard, but I might feel it later.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 101?; Avg Heart Rate: 94?


SUNDAY WEIGH IN.

Weight: 157.2 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.6% (no change)

No worries about the increase.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I really liked the interim workouts a lot. Again, I'm really feeling toned.

No comments: