Tuesday, February 1, 2022

WEEK OF 1/31/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - JANUARY 31, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

This is the second time doing this one in the last few days. I was looking forward to the challenge of improving, but don't think I did. I started off with athletic socks instead of thick socks and felt my balance was a bit better because I was in better touch with the floor. When we started the vinyasas I added athletic shoes because I can't really feel my toes and didn't want to accidentally break one while going back into downward dog. After a while I took the shoes off because they were gripping the mat too hard when swinging my leg through. My balance was still horrible on the Warrior poses. I think it's because there is weakness in my feet and I can't plant my front foot firmly. Anyways, I did the best I could, and will look to make adjustments to improve next time.

Start Time:7:35 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 466; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 1, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back 

Once again, I did band pull downs instead of pullups, and did all the weighted back moves while seated. I used 25's on most of those, and 15's on the shoulder / upper back moves. It went OK.

Start Time: 7:45pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 434; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 2, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

I modified ("powered down" on most moves. I couldn't even really do those lunge frog thinys near the end. I did what I could do.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 296; Avg Heart Rate: 103. 


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 3, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I got my Booster Shot today, so my shoulder was a bit sore. I was thinking about doing a stretch routine instead, or even skipping the workout, as I see a lot of people in the Facebook group do after they received their shots, but I started and found out the soreness wasn't a hindrance. It was actually a good workout. I mostly did 12 pushups and used 15 lb weights. I used 30's on the Stability Ball Chest Presses and they were manageable. Maybe I'm getting some strength back. My balance was even pretty good when handling the weights, so that was good also.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 428; Avg Heart Rate: 118. 


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 4, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I wasn't into it. Just a very poor effort. Maybe a 2 or 3 intensity out of 10. But I finished it. I have no idea how I burned 376 calories.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; orkout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 376; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 5, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

I fell I'm getting little more flexible at times. Not all the time, but today went pretty well.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAT - FEBRUARY 6, 2022 - Rest

Crunch Town was scheduled, but I just couldn't get myself to do it, Just mentally exhausted. It's the second time I skipped this workout this round, which is weird, because I actually like it. It's also weird for me to skip workouts. I went years without skipping any, unless I was very, very ill, and I wasn't today..


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 140.6 (-5.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 0.2% (-0.8%)

Both are really big drops, I'm not sure why.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm not happy about skipping Sunday's workout. It's the second time I've done that in five weeks, but as I said above, I was mentally exhausted. Battling things everyday, especially simple things, wears on you. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The weight loss was also a surprise. As I've said, I'm actually trying to put weight on, not lose it. The drop in body fat was good though.

No comments: