Monday, February 14, 2022

WEEK OF 2/14/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

I'm not really a fan of this workout, but for some reason I've gone at it pretty hard the last few times. I even attempted a couple of burpees and even got my feet off the floor a bit with some small jumps. Feeling good afterwards.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 428; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

CIRCUIT: Pushups - a) Stands (25 reps), b) Balls (20) , c) Elevated Upside Down Bosu Ball (15); Pullups - a) Seated Weights (10 with 30 lbs); b) Pull Up Assist (8); c) Band Pull Down (15). Everything went OK. I was going to do unassisted pullups instead of the weights, but don't think I would have gone too far. I think the weights did more for me, and I think I can do more weight next time.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

My balance was bad, so I wasn't going too deep. I held onto a chair for two moves, the Forward Reaches and the Curtsy Lunges. I was able to go a bit deeper that way. I used a 15 lb weight on most of the moves.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 71 minutes; Calories Burned: 421; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

My balance was a bit better today, so that helped early on. My flexibility was also pretty good, so that helped later, especially on the leg stretches. Overall, a very relaxing workout.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 93.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

Totally ridiculously, and totally unnecessarily, too long. I understand there are stop options, but most die-hards aren't going to use them. I feel like I'm cheating if I do. My balance was going downhill quickly, and by the fourth round I was at a point where I could barely get my feet off the floor without major stumbling. I started with my workout shoes, but they were feeling really heavy early in the second round, so I tried two layers of socks with a foot insert. That took about 10 minutes to get on, and they ended up not feeling right, so I went back to the workout shoes. All around, the workout just felt like I wasn't in synch, and I barely broke a sweat.  I'll try to get better next time, but the key is my balance. If it doesn't come back, or even get a bit better, this workout is going to be really frustrating. That's a shame, because I always liked, and looked forward to the martial arts workouts.

Start Time: 8:20 om; Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 437; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

My balance was really bad today, so the "Ladder" vinyasas and poses were very frustrating, although I tried to keep a good attitude and do what I could. So, that was good.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 428; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town 

The workout went OK. I modified the last move to rolling boats.

Start Time: 9:10 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 95; Avg Heart Rate: 91.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 147.2 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.0% (no change)

Trending in the right direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

My balance was bad on most days, so that made things a bit frustrating, but I'll move forward.

No comments: