Monday, February 21, 2022

WEEK OF 2/21/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 8

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, and Legs

My legs were dead. My effort was a 2 out of 10. I couldn't jump at all, and I didn't feel like going too low to compensate. Even though I couldn't jump or balance, I could have done better, by doing things I am capable of doing.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 379; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I did OK. I mainly used the weights I did last time. The only difference was I tried using a 40 instead of a 30 on the Goblet Curls, but only got in 8 reps, and I wasn't going all the way down for fear of losing my balance and/or the weight. On the Heavy Curls, I do Seated Curls, as I don't like lifting weight and then standing while bending over. I used 25's and only got six reps in. Kind of weak, but last time I only got five reps in.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 327; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

A little bit frustrating because I lost the stream a few times and had to start the video over, then try a fast forward it to where I was. Eventually it settled down, and I was able to finish. I could have done it strictly off the worksheets, but it's always nice to hear Tony, no matter how many times I've heard him. The workout went well. I think I did a few more reps than last time on a few of the moves, and unwittingly did a few less om a few others.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 362; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

This is the best I've ever done on this workout, by far. Beta version or Power of 4 version. I was feeling pretty good going im and had a good attitude. I was wearing my Xero Speed Force shoes, which are a bit lighter than the Xero Prio's I use for most of the other workouts. I think the lightness of the shoes helped me a bit. My balance was better than usual, though still not good. I was going lower in my squats than I usually do. I even used weights on the Squat Presses. Although I wasn't moving real fast. I did the Plank to Frog, Run Lunge / Squats, and even the Mountain Squats. I usually just go through the motions on those, and usually do something else instead of the Mountain Squats. The only downside was that the video stream went out four times and I had to reload the page and fast forward to where I was. Normally extremely frustrating, but I decided to keep a good attitude and just dealt with it today. I'm also working on making my own Power of 4 workout sheets which are looking nice. I was working on some before the workout, and that may have put me in a good mood for it.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 274; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back

I used bands on all the pullup moves and I did all the weighted back moves seated. I used 30's on most of those back moves (up from 25's) and did 10 reps on most of them (up from 8). I used 15's on the shoulder moves. Overall it went well.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 435; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

Today's schedule only called for a 10 minute meditation session, but I wanted to do a bit more. There was no yoga this week, so I chose this one. It's more of a stretch routine than yoga, but it was relaxing. I wore my lighter workout shoes instead of doing it in socks, and it worked out OK, but they do sick on the mat a bit, making it hard to swing my leg through on some of the vinyasas.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 231; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

This went OK. I still only do 10 reps on the two reach back and touch your feet moves. Afyer the workout was over I found out I could stream the workouts onto my TV via my Roku. Bigger screen, and I hope this eliminates the stream shutting down as it had been most of this week.

Start Time: 9:35 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 145; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 148.2 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.4% (+0,4%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

There were a bunch of tough workouts this week, and I got through them OK. I even did a little more than scheduledon Saturday. I'm also glad I found out I could stream the workouts on my TV. I hope that workos out OK.

No comments: