Monday, February 28, 2022

WEEK OF 2/28/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I did this one on the TV via my Roku. Previously, I'd been using my tablet with a much smaller screen. I think I liked this better. It's how I did my workouts for 12 years. My nalance was real bad at the beginning, but it got better as the workout went along. I increased my reps on many of the pushup moves. I tried going from 30's to 35's on the Stability Ball Chest Presses, but couldn't get the weights situated properly. I thought I might stupidly hurt myself, so I went back down to 30's, and they worked fine. Overall, it was a good workout.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 432; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


TUESDAY - MARCH 1, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

My balance was really bad, but I just did the best I could. I didn't intentionally dog it.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 50 minutes; Calories Burned: 314; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 2, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Rest

I met some friends after work, just to chill a bit. Had 2 lite beers. I was still home a bit after 7, but had decided on the way home that I was going to take a mental break day. I watched two periods of the Sabres game, then went to bed around 9:30. I could have pushed myself through a workout, and would have several years ago, but the older I get, the more I realize occassional days like this are OK.


THURSDAY - MARCH 3, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back

This was supposed to be yesterday's workout. I was even thinking of taking another day off, but realized it wasn't needed, and would have just been laziness today. Plyo 30/15 was scheduled, but I usually don't get too much out of that one. Even though I do modify a lot on this workout, I felt it would do more for me. Again, I used Band Pulldowns (16 reps) instead of pullups. I used 30's on most of the weighted back moves, and did most of them seated. I did Lawnmowers standing, though, with my hand on the bench. I used 15's on the shoulder moves.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 403; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - MARCH 4, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip The Yoga

My balance was really bad  I could barely do any Warrior poses because I felt like I had no strength in my legs to get up into them. I still did what I could.

Start Time:


SATURDAY - MARCH 5, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

My balance was a bit yesterday. I was able to get most moves in, just not as well as they were doing on the video.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 471; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - MARCH 6, 2022 - Rest

Crunch Town was scheduled, but I just had no energy.

Start Time:  6:30 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 326; Avg Heart Rate: 102. 


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 148.2 (no change)
Body Fat: 10.5% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

There were two days where I didn't work out, but I felt I needed the rest, both physically and mentally. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. There was five days where I did work out.

No comments: