Monday, February 7, 2022

WEEK OF 2/7/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 6

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip the Yoga 

I'd ordered some new compression socks and they came today. They fit the bottom of my feet snugly and had rubber grips on the bottom. They certainly worked better than anything else I've been trying. I was even able to get into some Warrior poses and hold them for a bit. They certainly weren't pretty, but it was a huge improvement over what I'd been able to do recently. I got everything in, including all the "Meathead" yoga vinyasas, even though I lost my balance a few times. My overall flexibility was good too.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 588; Avg Heart Rate: 115.  


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 8, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge 

I did 30 pushups and 15 band pulldowns. All went well.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 500; Avg Heart Rate: 104.  


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 9, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

My balance was way off, so I wasn't going anywhere near full blast, but I got it done,

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 365; Avg Heart Rate: 106..  


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 10, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge 

The last few times I was down to 15's on most of the shoulder and bicep moves. Today I bumped them up to 20's and didn't have too many problems, so hopefully I'm getting some strength back. 

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 588; Avg Heart Rate: 115.  


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo 

A very poor effort. My balance was off and I just went through the motions. I even missed a few moves in the first half trying to get my foot ware correct

Start Time: 9:15 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 282; Avg Heart Rate: 101.  


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga 

It went OK. I wore the new compression socks I'll be using for yoga. I also put an insert in them with bumps that is supposed to stimulate blood flow. My balance was OK, but I wanted to see how they'd handle Warrior poses. There were only two of them, so it was hard to determine. I think my balance is going to vary from day to day, although overall, I think they'll help.

Start Time: 6:10 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 181; Avg Heart Rate: 93.  


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power of Core 

Not great. I don't like this workout, and have to either modify a few of the moves, or cut down on the reps. 

Start Time: 8:50 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 137; Avg Heart Rate: 98. 


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 146.0 (+5.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.0% (+0.8%)

Not surprising, as these were close to my numbers from two weeks ago. Usually, when there is a big drop or gain that comes out of nowhere, the next week gets things back to where they were. That's kind of what happened here. I do have to watch the Body Fat % though.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was encouraged a bit by the ability to lift a bit more weight on Shoulders and Arms Recharge. I'm frustrated, however, with my continued balance being all over the place. Just when I think there is hope, I come crashing down to earth. Never give up, though.

No comments: