Tuesday, March 22, 2022

WEEK OF 03/21/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 12

MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

I got home a bit late after a retirement party. I didn't feel like doing the main scheduled workout, which was Heart, Lungs, and Legs, because it was long. Flash Card Plyo was the scheduled alternate workout, but I've been having problems with the plyo workouts, so I was planning on doing the simpler and shorter Cardio 24. At the last minute I decided to suck it up and do Flash Card Plyo. It went OK. There are still a number of moves I have to severely modify, but I did, and did my best. I'm happy with the decision.

Start Time: 9:20 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 315; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

This was scheduled for last week, but I mistakenly dis Arms and Abs instead. Arms and Abs was scheduled for today, so I made the switch. I used the same weights as last time, and only increased the reps on a few moves. However, last time I had increased the reps on a lot of the moves, and continued that today with no problems.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 372; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

Could have been the best I've done on this workout in a while. My balance was better than usual, and I even tried jumping upwards a few time, though I didn't get too far up. I'd count it as a definite success.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 358; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

Not my favorite workout, but it did go fast. I increased my reps on a couple of the pushup moves, but otherwise just got it done.
 
Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 434; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

Close to the best I've done with this workout. I couldn't to full blast, but I wasn't losing my balance for any extended periods of time, either.
 
Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

Again, better than usual. I don't think I missed any moves or reps, but some were modified a bit, like the Half Moons. I got all the vinyasas in, including those in the Meathead section, but they wee ugly. I'm having a problem swinging my leg all the way through, then actually standing up, as the strength in my legs isn't there. Overall, it was encouraging improvement over what I'd done lately with the yoga routines.   
 
Start Time: 6:40 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 487; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY - MARCH 27, 2022 - Rest

I skipped the ab workout again. Bad habit!!!!


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 150.8 (+1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.2% (+0.4%)

Finally above 150 again!


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I think I did OK on the workouts. My balance seemed to be getting a little better. It might be just a temporary thing, so I'm not getting too excited, but it is a bit encouraging.

No comments: