Monday, June 6, 2022

WEEK OF 06/06/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - JUNE 6, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

My number were 30 pushups and 15 band pulldowns, the same as they've been for a while. I might increase them a smidge next time. I was getting tired on a few of the pushup moves. The band pulldowns are easy, though I am concentrating on using my back muscles when I do them. The alarming thing was that I wanted to see how many actual pullups I could do when I was done with the workout, as I haven't done any unassisted ones in a very long time. The answer was zero. No strength whatsoever.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 377; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


TUESDAY - JUNE 7, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo


I was feeling pretty good going in. My attitude was good. I did what I was able to. The facts are that I can no longer jump straight up off my toes, so I get no height, and I crash to the floor with my feet. This is no good on the knees. I modify.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 233; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 8, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

A pretty good workout. I increased my reps on a few of the moves. I tried 30's on the Chest Presses while laying on a stability ball, and almost dropped one on the weights on my head. I finally got it under control, but didn't have much range of motion there, nor on the Decline Pushups. All else was good. This is the mid-point of the round, and for some reason I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much. It might be because I know I'm limited in what I can do, which is bad thinking. On most days I'm doing what I can.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 388; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


THURSDAY - JUNE 9, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

Just a crappy workout. My balance was practically non-existent. I fumbled my way up to the point where he started the "Ladder". During that time I went from a pair of athletic socks that kept sliding off, to one pair of athletic shoes that kept grabbing the mat, to another pair of athletic shoes that did the same thing. During the "Ladder" sequences I couldn't keep my balance on any of the standing poses. I tried going from the athletic shoes to sneakers, but they didn't help, then finally went to double socks, but they didn't help anything. The main problem was the balance, and there was no way around it. I sat though a lot of moves, maybe half the workout, including a lot of the seated exercises. I'll just move on.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 335; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


FRIDAY - JUNE 10, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs

Day off from work. I played golf in the morning. I took a nap around 6pm and woke up jusy before 9pm. I was sluggish as hell, and didn't think there would be anyway I could get a workout it. I decided to do it late. My legs were fried and very weak, so there wasn't much range of motion. 

Start Time: 10:35 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 318; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


SATURDAY - JUNE 11, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

I tried something different today. One of the issues I'd been having with the two martial arts workouts was that my feet were getting very tired. Today, I didn't wear shoes. I just did the workout in my socks on a mat. I was concerned my balance would be worse without the shoes, but it didn't seem to be. The big difference was that my feet didn't get overly tired. I'll try this again next time.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 325; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - JUNE 12, 2022 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 155.6 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.7% (+0.5%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went pretty good. I played golf on Friday and felt pretty good there too. It's good that I can feel good.

No comments: