Monday, November 27, 2023

WEEK OF 11/27/2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Days 57-63

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 27, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength One 

I was able to get this to project through my Roku on my new 55" TV, so that was cool. I also pulled out my workout bench. On the Lawnmowers I put my hand on the bench instead on resting my forearm on my knee, and it gave me more stability. I also did Chest Presses on the bench instead of the Bird Dog Pushups, just to give myself some variety. All of the above worked out great, and i got a good workout in.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 258; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Butt and Gut 

It went well. As I've said before, I know the routine more. I know when I'm 25% done, 50% done, etc, and that seems to make the workout go better. I can look forward to the finish line.
 
Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 199; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Strength Two 

I'm not sure if I increased or decreased the weights on any of the moves, because I'm not writing things down. Today I went with intuition and what I thought I could handle on each move. There was a couple times I was thinking of going heavier, but I knew my form would have been compromised, so I didn't. Maybe on another day, if I was feeling stronger, I'd go for it. I guess it depends on the day.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 288; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Go With The Flow Yoga

I was feeling a bit jumpy going into it. I haven't had a lot of sleep the last few days and it was getting to me. I slowed down a bit during the workout and finished OK, but I need to start taking care of myself a bit more.
 
Start Time: 6:50 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 1, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - HIIT Me Up

Better than usual. I still don't like the plank moves, especially jacks while in plank, but I got through those. I actually got off me feet a bit on a few moves.
 
Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 208; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Ancient Warrior

I did OK. My balance was average for what my body allows right now, Again, I moved the Jab, Cross, Hook, Burpee moves up in the roation, so I didn't have to finish with it. It worked out well.
 
Start Time: 5:30 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 350; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 3, 2023 - POWERSYNC60 - Mindful Breath

This is the last workout of the nine week round. It was a good one to finish with. I'm still not used to the breathing techniques he's introducing, but I followed along the best I could. I wasn't real flexible while seated, or when doing the leg stretches at the end, but that's always a dat to day thing.
 
Start Time: 6:30 pm; Workout Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 70; Avg Heart Rate: 86.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 154.2 (+1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 12.4% (-0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Again, the schedule worked great. It's nice knowing what workout you are going to do without looking at the schedule they had set up. I felt pretty good throughout the week.


THOUGHTS ON THE ROUND

After the first few weeks, I wasn't sure I was going to like this. Turns out it works well for where I am physically. It's scaled back from a super intense workout program, but it was tough enough where I could feel results. I especially liked the two Strength workouts. I think I'll be doing it again.

Next, I'm going to do four weeks of Scott Morgan's Motown Express. Combined with the nine weeks I just did, that will give me the normal thirteen week I usually do for a program. 

No comments: